Arid Desert [Commercial]

https://www.daz3d.com/arid-desert

Welcome to the Arid Desert...

This project creates a unique desert, oasis, hilly or sandy atmosphere

Now you can build your unique Desert experience with realistic modular props. Besides a complete scene, you can create your own from the included buildable Deserts and Water, ready to be moved or removed from the scene as desired so you can have a scene you want.

All in all, you get realistic modular Deserts, 2 different render settings and bloom setting (include two sky options), all in textures optimized for Iray.

Comments

• Are the footsteps https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79801/i/ariddesert03daz3d.jpg part of the base set up or something added after the fact?

• 3dLab3dLab Posts: 456

Richard Haseltine said:

Are the footsteps https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79801/i/ariddesert03daz3d.jpg part of the base set up or something added after the fact?

Added after the project

Thank you

• 3dLab said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Are the footsteps https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/79801/i/ariddesert03daz3d.jpg part of the base set up or something added after the fact?

Added after the project

Thank you

Thank you.

• 3dLab3dLab Posts: 456

Richard Haseltine said:

3dLab said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Added after the project

Thank you

Thank you.

yes 

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 2020

Which parts are part of the background dome and which are actual objects within the scene?

For any sand objects in the scene, do the ripples in the sand have height?  (displacement, modeled in, flat and just part of the image mapped to it, etc.)?

Post edited by sriesch on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited April 2021

When I render the Arid Desert using the render settings supplied the iRay render uses the CPU only.

I thought the GPU may be running out of vram but there is about a gig to spare and the renderer is set to the GPU only (1060 6gb).

If I dont use the supplied render settings the GPU works.

Not sure whats going on other than the supplied render settings dont like GPUs?

Post edited by Mouser on
  • How are you determining that there is a GB to spare? Have you checked the fallback setting after loading the scene/render settings? (Though it won't actually change without a restart, so that shouldn't be a factor.) How are you checking usage?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Mouser said:

When I render the Arid Desert using the render settings supplied the iRay render uses the CPU only.

I thought the GPU may be running out of vram but there is about a gig to spare and the renderer is set to the GPU only (1060 6gb).

I don't own this product, so can't check.  The only other environment product by this PA that I own enables Bloom and makes the Post Denoiser denoiser available, but does not enable it.  Both these things consume additional VRAM.  If you turn those off, you may be able to fit the scene into your 1060 like normal.

edited April 2021

There is a Bloom On.duf under the render settings folder but I did not activate it.

I assumed the other render settings would have it off by default.

So checked and yes its on so I switched it to off.

Now GPU works;)

Weird that the render settings would have a Bloom On.duf when the other settings supplied all set it on anyway.

Post edited by Mouser on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296

Mouser said:

A 6GB GPU on W10 will be maxed out when the geometry, textures, frame buffer and work space are using around 3.6GB's combined and in general work space needs to be around 1.2-1.7GB's, which leaves just around 2GB's for geometry and textures which is not a lot.

The sad fact is my 6g gpu is running into memory walls it cant climb anymore:(

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Mouser said:

The sad fact is my 6g gpu is running into memory walls it cant climb anymore:(

There's no need to despair.  It might be time to start learning about compositing, to allow you to create complex images by combining multiple renders.  There are inexpensive alternatives to Photoshop, like The GIMP (free) and Affinity Photo that will allow you to accomplish this.  More "renders" are made by using this kind of technique than you might think.

Already have been thats whats getting me lo consider an upgrade.

When I got my desktop GPU rendering was still not there so I invested in a dual Zeon system, the gpu was last on my list.

Now of course everything is changed.