Request for more polygonal dforce hair.

Please, can we have more polygonal dforce hair.
I just do not like strand based hair, for it does look odd in renderings and it is hard to edit.

Comments

• LOL yes DAZ cut off their noses to spite their face with their PA only choice there, I rarely buy it except as fur and prefer mesh fur over it anyday because we can edit mesh and use it in other applications too.

I will happily buy normal transmapped, fibermesh(not dforce) or tube hair and do in droves!

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I have seen anime character animations where the hair seems to flow naturally in response to gravity or wind or touch. The hair appears to consist of strands which respond individually. Do you know what type of system might be in use there?

Wendy, what is the position of DAZ3d in relation to strand based hair?

• only PA's have access to the tools to make it dynamic (dforce) using curves

• I agree about dForce fabric hair being the better option. The dForce strand hair seems to overload my system very quickly and adds nothing I can see that is not already done better by the dForce fabric hair.

I also wish the store would explicitly state which dForce system is used, rather than leaving it to educated guesswork.

Regards,

Richard.

• richardandtracy said:

I agree about dForce fabric hair being the better option. The dForce strand hair seems to overload my system very quickly and adds nothing I can see that is not already done better by the dForce fabric hair.

I also wish the store would explicitly state which dForce system is used, rather than leaving it to educated guesswork.

Regards,

Richard.

This ! and it just looks like frizz cotton candy.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited December 2020

LOL yes DAZ cut off their noses to spite their face with their PA only choice there, I rarely buy it except as fur and prefer mesh fur over it anyday because we can edit mesh and use it in other applications too.

I will happily buy normal transmapped, fibermesh(not dforce) or tube hair and do in droves!

Yeah this also amuses me endlessly. DAZ got quite some amount of negative feedback for their decision to make dforce hair PA-only, and the major justifications I remember was a) DAZ doesn't want Renderosity folks to sell dforce SBH and b) dforce hair is too complicated for the non-PA user.

Now it seems customers don't even like dforce hair too much? I wonder how many copies popular non-SBH hair sells in comparison to SBH, especially from artists who have both like Linday or April.

I'm very grateful for DAZ decision though. I was unhappy with SBH, I don't like the look of most transmapped hair in the store so this gave me the push to learn how to create my own. I found out DAZ assets, especially Genesis8, works well in other apps, too. I can even correct stuff of G8 that I didn't like in DAZ Studio, like skin shader (has to be rebuilt anyway for the new renderer), lack of details in maps (I built my own), eye geometry and UV mapping.

Post edited by Asari on
  • I'd be happy to pay extra for a realistic hair system, that seamlessly works nice in Daz Studio. - Just saying.
    Same for a cloth system, BTW.
    DForce is o.k. for covering the basics,but if you wanted it really good, there should be some better options available.

• we we have Carrara heart

just a shame DAZ don't want to develop it anymore, since Octane was added seamlessly integrated with hair I am sure iray could be

we already have offsite solutions for Genesis 3 & 8 too and a HD morph import option

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

we we have Carrara heart

just a shame DAZ don't want to develop it anymore, since Octane was added seamlessly integrated with hair I am sure iray could be

we already have offsite solutions for Genesis 3 & 8 too and a HD morph import option

<Sigh> Carrara ...
    Imagine, what would it be by now under constant development and progressing....
    <sigh>