Shuttle One. A Kitbash by Sci Fi Funk.

Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
edited September 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Will add a quickie Animation of this as well.

A mega kit bash featuring a lot of different models from DAZ and Rendorisity, to be featured in my sci fi series.

CEO Mike Urry has this to say :-

"The ship has first and second class passenger areas, Toilets, showers and for first class passengers a mini-bar plus exclusive Dynoflush shower and toilet units. First Class can accommodate up to five VIPs, whilst our standard class accommodates sixty-six personnel.

The ship is Piloted by four humans or one of our specially trained Droids. Up to three more "back up" droids can be added for additional security, although the failure rate on our Drone Troopers is close to zero percent.

Hire the Shuttle One today for YOUR International or universal corporate trip."

Shuttle_One_from_Global_Corp_One.png
1280 x 720 - 2M
Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on

Comments

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Piloted by four humans or ONE droid.

Shuttle_One_Piloted_by_Four_Humans_-_or_ONE_Droid._.png
    1920 x 1080 - 8M
    edited December 1969

I'm still working on speeding up those heavily dark internal areas with little chance of getting light in. Here is a 3000 samples pic.(All in Carrara rendered via the OCTANE plug in )

Shuttle-One-from-the-outsid.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 902K
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Very nice vehicle. Makes me itch to make my first sci-fi movie. But one question: do vehicles rust in space, where there is no oxygen?

edited December 1969

argus1000 said:
    Very nice vehicle. Makes me itch to make my first sci-fi movie. But one question: do vehicles rust in space, where there is no oxygen?

Thanks. re: Your first sci-fi movie. I'd say go for it!
    re: Rust. Dunno, but this craft is used on earth, in space and in other atmospheres, so I reckon it would rust :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

An interesting and bold design, but I think I'll book a ticket for the second flight... ;-)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    An interesting and bold design, but I think I'll book a ticket for the second flight... ;-)

Ha ha. Oh you mean the one with the humans flying it :D

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I was thinking more the one where they've figured how to stop the wings getting ripped off and the passengers torched to ash during reentry... ;-)

Tim's rule of flying #1: Never board an aircraft where the pilot has less skin invested in a successful outcome than you do!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

An intriguing design! Great level of detail, I just wasn't sure initially about the standard airplane wings on it but its starting to grow on me. Love the interior renders too, I knew that it was Octane before you said!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    An intriguing design! Great level of detail, I just wasn't sure initially about the standard airplane wings on it but its starting to grow on me. Love the interior renders too, I knew that it was Octane before you said!

Thanks Phil.

This is used in space and in atmosphere, an all-in-one shuttle. I'm keeping most of the interior secret for now till we get to that part in the film, but I can tell you it's detailed - very detailed. :)

re: Octane. It's the light scattering across objects - I was sold on it the moment I saw that.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Care to list the parts?

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Care to list the parts?

Sorry the models come from so many places I don't think it will be possible for me to remember, but I will tell you this:-

There is an airplane internal model on rendorosity which is built on a classic 60s look - that's very useful, along with the Spacecraft internals over there too. The other main models come from DAZ - 2x spacecraft. It's a pretty heavy kit bash but with some investigation you should be able to find most of them as a start point.

Good luck.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

No sweat. One match is usually enough to light a fire