Clothing makers please consider more zones on items

Just a suggestion but some of the G8 stuff I've been buying has one zone for everything. There are times that belts, belt loops, sleeves and other decorations can not be removed or morphed out or surfaced with an opacity to make them disappear because they all have a single zone. It's not hard to do, just considers it.

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

one material zone is just poor modeling IMO. keep in mind that users new to texturing and using substance painter and the tutorials in the store are allowing it to define the different materials thru special maps instead of actual zones. like say you have a vest with rings and studs. Instead of having material zones for the fabric, the rings and the studs, you have maps that define what is metal and what is cloth. This is standard practice with game design and other apps, but should be avoided with DS content.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited December 2020

+1 to both comments above

Edit: case in point; the new dress for the EmmyLou character by Artists Anain Belladona

Its a beautiful and complex dress, very well made but .... you guessed, the dress has one single surface! Needless to say, I'm not very happy about that.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146

Yeah, I hate it too, when you can't make partial use of certain clothing. The worst offenders are fully body suits with a single zone.

At least make the sleeves separate from the rest. But the best items are those that have multiple zone options, like cap sleeve, short sleeve, medium sleeve, and long sleeve. etc.