Voting Thread Closed!! Sept. Carrara Challenge : Just Say NO to Flat 3D - Spinning a Popular Theme

13»

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Sorry I have not been around much for this challenge, but what fantastic work you guys have been doing! I have been spoilt for choice in choosing an image for the "Honourable Mention" - even when I tried to shortlist them, I still had over half the entries! This is reflected in the voting, with almost all of the images getting at least a couple of votes.

Congratulations to the winners - they are deserved of the honour!

And thanks for the kind words about the lighting lessons etc. I am delighted that many of you are finding my videos useful in your own art.

But on to the decision - in addition to my own thoughts, I have had a look at the voting totals too and taken everything into consideration, so consider this not just from me but from the community - the Honourable Mention goes to...
    Image #17 JonStark!

A very dynamic scene with so much going on, the work on posing the characters alone must have taken an age! But again - congrats to ALL who entered, you should be very proud of your work here and I hope that you will enter the next challenge when sukyL has had the chance to create something for us all!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Bravo, SukyL, TimA, Varsel, and JonStark. Fantastic renders. And thanks to Dustrider for coordinating such a great concept for the monthly theme. PhilW, what can I say? You are a major influence on all of these monthly challenges whether time permits you to check in personally or not. Your tuts are great.

To my fellow participants. I know I am improving but somehow I keep falling farther behind. Y'all are awesome! Learn so much stuff from your WIPs every month. Glad to see more new faces. I hope you will consider becoming regulars.

SukyL - there is sticky thread at the top of the forum labeled " learning tips and tricks from the monthly challenges, " or something similar. The sticky has links to prior challenges.you could skim the first page of those if you want to see what other coordinators have done. You really only need to know two things. 1- you are dictator for a month. 2- if you have any questions, want to bounce ideas off people, etc., there are lots of people willing to try to help.

OK, it is October, people. In the words of Vince, let's get ready to rrrrrrrrrender!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Well done SukyL, TimA, Varsel, and JonStark!

Suky, I am really looking forward to your choice for a contest. I hope to have time to work on something, but we are coming to the US in mid Oct for 2 weeks and I won't have Car available.... bugger and double bugger, and I have my job production to do before I go. :shut:

Announce soon... please, so I can see if the dates will give me time to do something!!!

:cheese: Silene

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Stephanie and Jayden (and the piano) thank you for your votes and the virtual trophy...

(sorry about the poke through, but it was a quick lunchtime render ;-) )

folly40a.jpg
    1280 x 900 - 663K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

sukyL said:

Oh my! That leaves just one more thing….gulp….The October Carrara Challenge. I actually have something in mind. Hopefully I can reveal it soon. I hope you all like it and want to participate. For now, dustrider, evilproducer, somebody please reveal the mysteries of sponsorship and hosting to me. Oh, please tell me there are secret handshakes and funny hats.;-)

Congratulations again!

I can PM you some information if you like.

I'll see if I can come up with the handshake, although I haven't done much for the support group, so it may be awhile. ;-)

edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Stephanie and Jayden (and the piano) thank you for your votes and the virtual trophy...

(sorry about the poke through, but it was a quick lunchtime render ;-) )

Haha! That's great Tim! Congratulations on your win!

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, great job to everyone!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Wanted to add my congratulations as well to the winners, very well deserved, superb rendering skills as well and just outstanding and stellar work you guys, all the way around! :)

Was shocked to see that I got picked for honorable mention, thank you very much for that. I almost didn't submit an entry at all because, well, you know that feeling when you have an idea how you want the render to look before you start, but the final version looks nothing like you envisioned and in fact is a bit of a mess? Yeah, that was it for me, but I figured since I had scraped it together just in time that it wouldn't be sporting not to submit, even though it was a far cry from what I was hoping to turn out :) Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude, and also that I had a good time participating and learned tons just from the excellent exchange of ideas and tips that was in the WIP thread. Everyone really did a stellar job, very impressive work, and I think it reflects very well on Carrara as well. Great work!

:)

• sukyLsukyL Posts: 251
    edited October 2014

Jonstark Congratulations on the Honorable Mention. I love Firefly! Your character sketches are awesome!

Post edited by sukyL on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

sukyL said:
    Jonstark Congratulations on the Honorable Mention. I love Firefly! Your character sketches are awesome!

agree entirely :) I wasnt surprised by the Hm at all :)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Well done Jonstark - you put in a lot of work and thought into it and turned out a great render!

edited December 1969

Jon, that was a great entry. I'll echo the others and say that I'm not surprised you got an HM.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

Winners,
    I sent you all a PM about collecting your winnings. sukyL got her PM, but if everyone else would let me know if you got it, that would be a huge plus, I seem to be a bit PM challenged :gulp:

Thanks!!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Winners,
    I sent you all a PM about collecting your winnings. sukyL got her PM, but if everyone else would let me know if you got it, that would be a huge plus, I seem to be a bit PM challenged :gulp:

Thanks!!

Seen and reply sent :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Winners,

Thanks!!

Received it and sent a reply, thanks Dustrider :)

edited October 2014

Hi everyone,

All the business stuff is done. Just wanted to let you know I'm hoping to post the October challenge announcement tonight. I'm still working on the rules and formatting right now, so it might be late (or early depending on where you live).

Huge thanks to the former hosts (head wax, Antara, evilproducer, dustrider, diomede64) who have been so generous with their advice.

Later,

sukyL

Post edited by sukyL on
    edited December 1969

SukyL, I almost forgot. Here's an example of the challenge hosts' secret handshake. Study and learn it. There will be a test. Oh yeah, don't tell anybody. It's a secret.
    ;-)

secret_handshake.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 285K
    edited December 1969

great news sukyL, looking forward to it :)

edited December 1969

ha, just saw the secret handshake :) you will never be the same again after meeting evil .....

edited October 2014

Get ready to render something Amazing! Astounding! DAZling!

I’ve posted the announcement for the October Carrara Challenge: Create a pulp magazine cover with Chills, Thrills, & Carrara Skills!

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47148/

Take a look!

sukyL

Post edited by sukyL on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

SukyL, I almost forgot. Here's an example of the challenge hosts' secret handshake. Study and learn it. There will be a test. Oh yeah, don't tell anybody. It's a secret.
    ;-)

HAHAHA!! There's the patented evilproducer sense of humour.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    ha, just saw the secret handshake :) you will never be the same again after meeting evil .....

This is true! :-)

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Congratulations SukyL, TimA, Varsel, and JonStark! Well done, and fantastic images all.

SukyL, your new contest looks like a lot of fun!

edited December 1969

dievans said:
    Congratulations SukyL, TimA, Varsel, and JonStark! Well done, and fantastic images all.

SukyL, your new contest looks like a lot of fun!

Thanks so much. I'm glad you think so. Something along the lines of your High Noon piece in the gallery would be really fun.

I hope you can participate this month too!

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    head wax said:

This is true! :-)

I don't think my hand will ever be the same after that handshake