Hi DAZ, I'm willing to Pay $50 for a hair texture Material Pack that can be applied to Genesis 2 Fem

ARealitiARealiti Posts: 135
edited September 2014 in Product Suggestions

Hi DAZ, I'm personally willing to Pay $50 for a hair texture Material Pack that can be applied directly to Genesis 2 Females and another pack for Genesis 2 Males without the need for Hair Figures, similar to the way Shanas Soulmate / others do tatoo packs, I'd say there's a lot of others who will pay as well, particularly those wanting to use characters for games.

If you could also do hair as a morph on the Genesis 2 figure without need for any hair figures that would be even better!
And while you're at it, if you could do all your clothing as morphs of the Genesis 2 polygons / figures without need for extra clothing figures, well my god that would be out of site and you'd get every game developer in the world all over your stuff.

Post edited by ARealiti on

Comments

• Atticus BonesAtticus Bones Posts: 364
    edited September 2014

Have you looked in to using Decimator for DAZ Studio? Probably a better investment of your money: http://www.daz3d.com/decimator-for-daz-studio
    And just make sure... I assume you're already aware that you'll also require (or already have) a Developer Licence for using Daz content in games.

Post edited by Atticus Bones on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes. as Atticus has said You would need the DAZ 3D game developer license http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=game+developer+license

You will notice that there is one for DAZ 3D, which covers all products which are DAZ originals, but doesn't cover any brokered content from PAs. A few PAs have released their own licenses, which are also detailed on that store page.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited September 2014

you mean second skins?
    actually I found hiding the covered polygons more effective under low poly clothes, FBX export has option to exclude hidden mesh.
    I do this for iClone imports and can get my DAZ figures easily as low poly as the iClone ones.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ToyenToyen Posts: 1,869
    edited September 2014

Hmm I guess the hair and clothing thing could be solved by loading the daz figure into your modeler and combining the two mesh objects into one figure. Then you just need to adjust it to suit your needs.

For example you export the fully dressed figure from Daz Studio into a modeling software.

Lets assume that the figure has a shirt and some shorts on so the new object will be a one piece mesh. Then you need to delete the geometry that wont be visible in the game or whatever you are making so that would mean all the geometry covered by the clothing doesnt need to be there.

Same with polygon hair but I would leave the scalp geometry there for hair though.

At least thats the way I´d go about it if I wanted to do this.

Also don´t forget about the rigging and weight painting which will probably need to be the same on the clothing (assuming its something tight like pants or a top) as it is on the figure.

Unless you have a bigger dress that needs to move as the figure runs for example. Then it will need custom bones and weight painting. Or just anything that needs to flow in the wind I guess : D

I dont know much about the topic but I thought I´d share how I´d do it anyways : D I´m still kinda new : )

Edit: Also I do not know what kind of game you have in mind but most games out there with good quality models (like that of Daz) use polygon hair instead of simple texture over the head. Unless you want a character with very short hair I guess.

The only two games where I have seen something else than polygon hair would be the latest Tomb Raider and Alice: madness returns where both Lara Croft and Alice had hair that looked like it was made using some kind of hair particle system.

I have not seen a character in a game that has no extra geometry on the scalp just using texture maps in a while : )

Post edited by Toyen on
    edited December 1969

doing what I suggested loses the hidden polygons and keeps the rigging
    you can take it even further using the polygon editor tool to hide and delete mesh

• edited September 2014

Good idea. I'd pay for that too.

Post edited by mlyons_vignette_77722b8fff on
  • ARealitiARealiti Posts: 135
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the suggestions, but my original request stands for many reasons. I’ve been a DAZ product consumer and forum member for 10 years and poser user for 15 so I’m pretty sure I’ve looked at all the options mentioned and I know why they are unfortunately poor alternatives.

DAZ hopefully you can look at going in this direction as an extension to your great work on Genesis morphing and single mesh approach.

Cheers

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2014

Take a look through Predatron's store and his own game licenses. He makes a lot of game-ready content like what you're describing (singular meshes, etc). Mind you, his licenses are only good for his models. It will not give you permission to use Daz owned or other PA models. Also note, his licenses are good for 1 title/project only. If you make more than one title, you'll need more than one license.

Poser also just released their game dev version/upgrade, which comes with meshes you can use for games, hidden poly removal, mesh combining, mesh decimation, FBX, and more. You can buy the full PP2014 Game Dev version, or there are also multiple sidegrade/upgrade options from Debut and P6 on up.

http://www.daz3d.com/predatron
    http://www.daz3d.com/predatron/predatron-indie-game-developer-license
    http://www.daz3d.com/predatron/predatron-commercial-game-developer-license

http://poser.smithmicro.com/gamedev.html

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Interesting this post today is basically asking for the same thing...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/46263/

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Do you understand that a morph is just the shifting around of the current vertices, you can't add geometry with a morph?

edited December 1969

ah but you COULD add HD morph hair!!!!!
    a zbrushing PA and a LIE preset perhaps????

edited September 2014

That sounds like a good suggestion Wendy, although I'm not an artist so I don't know how you all do what you do, just know if you all do it well and stop putting up barriers like the ones I've described and impossible to understand licensing that no game company could possibly have any confidence in, then a lot of game developers will buy DAZ and other artist's stuff from this site. You may all dislike me saying these things, but it's people like me that have paid for and led DAZ to even start down a road that will be profitable for you all.

Post edited by ARealiti on
    edited December 1969

but HD kinda defeats the purpose
    in games they just use low poly hair

edited December 1969

Yeah thanks Wendy, nothing lower poly than a texture, cheers

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,667
    edited December 1969

lchu2004 said:
    I'd say there's a lot of others who will pay as well, particularly those wanting to use characters for games.

If you could also do hair as a morph on the Genesis 2 figure without need for any hair figures that would be even better!
    And while you're at it, if you could do all your clothing as morphs of the Genesis 2 polygons / figures without need for extra clothing figures, well my god that would be out of site and you'd get every game developer in the world all over your stuff.

That is the key, they are not catering to game developers. If they were they would probably have a more robust offering of game only assets, with vendors that product game only content and better/different licensing. Everything you see in the store now aimed at gaming is probably just an afterthought since we still see wannabe game developers asking about using the content here in their games. Now if you need mesh products for filmed cut scenes, then the higher poly content sold here for rendering and animation is perfect and you don't even need a license.

As someone that creates game addons, I would be very interested in seeing a game only section at DAZ. But seeing as a game asset will probably cost more than a rendering/animation asset (for good reason), I wonder if it would be worth the effort.
    There are quite a few sites where you can buy game specific models and even have custom meshes made, but obviously wannabe game developers don't want to pay market price for those and in many cases they see the lower cost of rendering/animation assets at DAZ and try to use them instead.

edited December 1969

No problems I've solved my immediate needs by pulling the textures from figures and using them on others, e.g. Blake, Ryze, Hector, Kasper etc...

ps I'm no fan boy, but I can assure you DAZ Genesis 2 is light enough and good enough for making games even on tablets and the iPhone. The props and scenery were never good enough artistically in DAZ, that's where you buy from others. I just hope everyone keeps thinking Genesis 2 can't be used for games while I'm making games with it using 5 characters at full res running 30fps+ with great scenery and particle effects all at once on an iPad 3, on the new iPad Air 2 and NVidia Shield I'm looking to up that to 60fps+ with about 7 full Genesis 2 figures on screen with only clothing poly reduced, Cheers.