January 2021 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Composition, Instancing, & Duplication

13»

Comments

• Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142

Intermediate Challenge "the meal"

Daz Studio Iray, Gimp, there are instances of 4 characters, cloth, hairs and props

The whole building is made out of instances.

the meal.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • ShackShack Posts: 22

I am not really satisfied with this one but decided I may be too critical for my own good. This image uses two duplicates and two instances. I originally intended to use four instances of the dancers but decided I wanted to adjust the morphs so I had to use a couple duplicates.

The Can-Can.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 906K
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

Submission for New User's Challenge - January 2021

Title: "Arrival and Judgement"

Software: Daz Studio 4.15 Pro; Adobe Photoshop

Cheers!

CoupleLounging01_cam01-1200px.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 465K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,817

aki3d said:

Intermediate Challenge "the meal"

Daz Studio Iray, Gimp, there are instances of 4 characters, cloth, hairs and props

The whole building is made out of instances.

Really nice...I like the atmosphere and feel of the setting. Really nice job heart The instancing was really well done as well smiley 

Shack said:

I am not really satisfied with this one but decided I may be too critical for my own good. This image uses two duplicates and two instances. I originally intended to use four instances of the dancers but decided I wanted to adjust the morphs so I had to use a couple duplicates.

I agree with the choice you made there. Better to get the little differences when all of them will be seen like that (especially in a row). The differences are enough that they look different so I think how you did it worked heart 

dmcvocation said:

Submission for New User's Challenge - January 2021

Title: "Arrival and Judgement"

Software: Daz Studio 4.15 Pro; Adobe Photoshop

Cheers!

LOVE the atmosphere on this. The way the lighting comes through is really engaging and interesting. I really like it! Nice job! heart 

Alias52 said:

Almost There!

Intermediate Instances

Got a little carried away with this! The forward half of the boat has duplicate groups, to allow some  tweaks to pose and textures. The stern has instances repeated from the duplicate groups to give a little more variety. Had quite a few tweaks to do to get the rowing position, in order to get the oars through the holes into something resembling a rowing stroke. (I also realise that it may not be possible for people to actually see that - but I know...) Not entirely happy with the water, but I want to get on with something else and maybe come back later.

That is really impressive with that many instances/people. You blended the instances in really well and it looks great! heart 

MoonCraft3D said:

Alien landscape. I used a -lot- of instances and duplicates with the plants. The sky and planet are my own creation

Really cool looking Alienscape. The colors are really fun on this and I like all the little details. If you want to vary some of the instances more you could turn some of them a bit more possibly but I admit IDK that its necessary (maybe just on the little green ball plants) But I really like it. Nice work! heart 

Thank you! Your advice about the pose is spot on; something about her left hand didn't look right so I took another look at it. I ended up shifting the right hand first, to more properly rest on the railing, which shifted her posture pose a bit. I then moved her left hand to what looks like a more natural resting position. Rendering this in two groups meant I was able to just re-render the foreground and layer, so it was overall a quick fix.

Princess in the Tower v3.5

Intermediate Challenge

Thank you,

Tirick 

Minor edit: Making a few adjustments had shifted the outer dress a bit and I didn't notice until I had posted; I've adjusted everything so it drapes a little nicer and there is no pokethrough.

That definitely worked. She looks more natural now for sure. Really nice job on the adjustments!heartsmiley 

OriginalSamhain said:

Thank you! I totally take your point about pulling it a little closer, I cropped it just a tiny bit and I really like it, it's still got the same effect but slightly less dead space.  

Perfect heart Brings your eye into the scene even more and you can appreciate all the shadow and the shadow casting on them as well better. I really do love the shadows. It really draws you into that opening. smiley

katywhite said:

So....I increased the bump map from 20% to 100% and added a Displacement and a normal map...they had the files for all three but for some reason only the bump was actually used. THis is the result. Still no shadow for our furry cake friend. Not sure why that is happening.

This is really adorable and their little faces LOOOL Too cute! Me thinks they want that cake! I also do like that the lantern fell (I missed mentioning it before but I like that detail) Very cute! heart 

aprilshowers2065 said:

Wasn't quite sure if #4 for the challenge rules meant that we could have a total of 2 entries or if we could have up to 2 for each level. If it's the latter, than this is for the beginner's challenge (haven't participated in the Composition challenge before), if not, then this one is just for fun! Either way, would love to hear feedback!

Title: Dark Flame

Very nicely done. The only thing I can think of is that the person may need a tinge of light on them (given the background is dark and so is the paint on his skin) He gets lots a little. A rim light may help pull him from the background a little while not lighting the background if you position the light behind him pointing towards the camera to just sort of graze his outline a bit. Since its a night shot, I would make the light a bit blue and position it sort of head level or a bit higher and point it downwads towards him/the camera so it looks like moonlight hitting. Really well done though heart 

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

This is the final version of my entry for the immediate challenge

LOVE the atmosphere on this. The way the lighting comes through is really engaging and interesting. I really like it! Nice job! heart 

@DAZ_ann0314

Thanks very much for the kind remarks. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Cheers!

• aprilshowers2065aprilshowers2065 Posts: 703
    edited January 2021

Thanks for the advice @DAZ_ann0314. I've played around with lighting a bit to increase the contrast with the background.

Dark Flame redo.png
    1000 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by aprilshowers2065 on
  • davidjones8418davidjones8418 Posts: 166
    edited January 2021

Second entry for me this month, as I was toying with wet skin. Still toying with it but here goes!

Title: Mercy Killing. " I failed you".

Software: Daz 4.12.1.118 (iRay), Affinity Photo

Challenge: January Beginner (Compositing)

Dead woman with surgeon disconsolate

I tinified this because the file was huge.

Mercy.png
    2667 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by davidjones8418 on
  • CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 280
    edited January 2021

Intermediate submission

Title: Adventures' Camp

Instanced: All the grass

Duplicated: The rocks surrounding the fire. Hopefulyl this is good, because I don't have the time to fix anything.  :)

Camp for Daz.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Coryllon on
  • vamokvamok Posts: 238

Ol Jeb Version E

Intermediate challenge

All of the trees are instanced off of 1 tree.

jebs final ride.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M

This challenge is now closed heart

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

January 2021

Showcased Participants for the January Composition Challenge

Composition by ihavedna

Hello Goodbye by OriginalSamhain  

All Must Kneel by vamok 

Showcased Participants for the January Instancing/Duplication Challenge

The Meal by aki3d 

Almost There by Alias52 

Unique by aprilshowers2065 

New User Welcome

Arrival and Judgement by dmcvocation

• vamokvamok Posts: 238

Woo hoo! Thank you and congratulations to all of the winners!

• Alias52Alias52 Posts: 284

Many thanks. Lots of great renders here. 

• Wow, thanks! Congrats everyone; lots of great work here!

edited February 2021

Honored to be part of this set of amazing submissions. Congratulations everyone.

Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on
  • TirickTirick Posts: 228

Congratulations to all the winners!

• Congrats everyone!

• Aki3dAki3d Posts: 142

Thanks and congratulations to all winners.

• Oh awesome, thank you! Congrats to everyone!