Problems with importing content, loading and saving files

UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello,

I'm having 2 major problems with Carrara 8.5 pro. First one: When I load a Genesis Figure with Clothing and Morphs from my content library it takes an eternity for Carrara to load it and afterwards, Second one: When I try to save that document (or load it) it takes also an eternity.
And with eternity I mean some 10 minutes or something.

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited December 1969

321nimb said:
    Hello,

I'm having 2 major problems with Carrara 8.5 pro. First one: When I load a Genesis Figure with Clothing and Morphs from my content library it takes an eternity for Carrara to load it and afterwards, Second one: When I try to save that document (or load it) it takes also an eternity.
    And with eternity I mean some 10 minutes or something.

Genesis figures tend to load slower than V4/M4 etc. for me, but it's not a huge problem (what's your OS and general system specs), but cloths do load a lot slower - mainly due to the time it takes to do the calculations for autofit. It varies depending on the complexity and poly count of the clothing. Simple items load quickly, really complex items can take a fair amount of time.

For your second issue, with compression on, it takes what seems like forever to save scenes. You save a fair amount of disk space using compression, but it is SLOW. Try turning off compression if you can afford to use up more disk space, and your saves will go much faster (the compression option is available the first time you save a scene, or when you select "save as").

Hope this helps a little.

• UnseenArtworksUnseenArtworks Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I will try it out :) at least a faster saving process should help.

But I forgot to mention another Problem:

I want to load a Roman styled dress to my figure. In DS I get the *duplicate ID* error with it but I can Click it away. In carrara it wont load at all :(