Shiny skin

Some models, for example Olympia 8, have skin that seems particularly shiny. What setting do I flip to back that down a bit. I think it's supposed to look more natural but I think it's crossed into a little greasy.  

Thanks!

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Olympia 8; I have that character.Looks like with the default skin the "Dual Lobe Specular Weight" can be adjusted down to take a bit of the shine off of her.

0=Flat Matte  1=Very Shiny.

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

IceCrMn said:

Olympia 8; I have that character.Looks like with the default skin the "Dual Lobe Specular Weight" can be adjusted down to take a bit of the shine off of her.

That was it! Thanks.  

Once I went into surfaces and selected Skin I found the setting at .65. Backing it down to about .34 seems to be more what I was looking for.  

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited January 2021

Something I did a while ago that is useful to remember some of the values that can influence that shiny / wet effect on skin (or any object).

DAZ wet_shiny skin.jpg
    2447 x 2795 - 2M
    Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

hansolocambo said:

Something I did a while ago that is useful to remember some of the values that can influence that shiny / wet effect on skin (or any object).

Hey this is really great! Thanks! I am totally saving this!

• IceCrMn said:

Thank you. I was thinking, why some characters are looking like they are made out of plastic. This fixes it. Set it all the way to zero by going to "Surfaces" > "Skin" > DLSW > 0.

Thanks.