WIP: New Shader Set.

ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am working on a new collection of shaders for Carrara and here is the sample of the very first WIP.
I welcome your suggestions for the type of new shaders that you would like to have in Carrara.

Regards

Sample_1.jpg
1000 x 497 - 337K

Comments

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

That looks great!

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    That looks great!

Thanks Eddy,

Any particular type of shaders you would like to see in the set?

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Yes Ringo, some “psychedelic” textures!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,349
    edited December 1969

Hello Ringo

Your DP Ultimate Carrara Bundle is on my wishlist, was planning to buy it just recently but the sale on Howie's items snuck over the line before you by a fraction of a hair. Have bought some of the people shaders as well as the Digital Painters Shaders and am very happy with them.

As a newbie who is yet to buy your Bundle pack my apologies if any of the following suggestions are already covered, if-so please feel free to do a bit of arm-twisting for a sale.

Would like to see Carrara equivalents of the DAZ shaders for:-
    Strange Substances Pack 1
    Amazing Skins for Genesis Bundle
    Shaders to replace imported DAZ/Poser shaders for buildings, footpaths, concrete, & road paving, with options of new, well used, mossy, muddy, wet, and ruins.
    Shaders to replace imported DAZ/Poser shaders for vehicles; more variations on paints with the showroom, new, old, junkyard options;
    tyres -shiny, less-shiny-but-new, everyday, muddy, old, junkyard, options for plastic/leather/vinyl/cloth interiors.

I don't know if the effort to reward ratio is there.
    (bearing in mind I'm still a newbie at whats available and what can be easily converted over)

If you are after textures check out the MorgueFile.com free stock photos at http://www.morguefile.com/

Regards, Bunyip

edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    Hello Ringo

Your DP Ultimate Carrara Bundle is on my wishlist, was planning to buy it just recently but the sale on Howie's items snuck over the line before you by a fraction of a hair. Have bought some of the people shaders as well as the Digital Painters Shaders and am very happy with them.

As a newbie who is yet to buy your Bundle pack my apologies if any of the following suggestions are already covered, if-so please feel free to do a bit of arm-twisting for a sale.

Shaders to replace imported DAZ/Poser shaders for buildings, footpaths, concrete, & road paving, with options of new, well used, mossy, muddy, wet, and ruins.
    Shaders to replace imported DAZ/Poser shaders for vehicles; more variations on paints with the showroom, new, old, junkyard options;
    tyres -shiny, less-shiny-but-new, everyday, muddy, old, junkyard, options for plastic/leather/vinyl/cloth interiors.

(bearing in mind I'm still a newbie at whats available and what can be easily converted over)

If you are after textures check out the MorgueFile.com free stock photos at http://www.morguefile.com/

Regards, Bunyip

Bunyip,

My shaders should be coming for sale soon as part of the Premier Artist Festival.
    Plus thanks for the suggestions and I will make sure to include some of them in the set that I am working on at the moment.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    Hello Ringo

Yeah... the Ultimate bundle is no exception... you're going to Love it when you do get it! So much fun in such an affordable package!
    Ringo Rocks!
    edited December 1969

I am working on a new collection of shaders for Carrara and here is the sample of the very first WIP.
    I welcome your suggestions for the type of new shaders that you would like to have in Carrara.

Regards

So, is that shader on the ground plane included? I really love the shaders in your sets that include things like that, like the ones with wires functions and such. They're really fun to mess around with as well, making different effects by changing the parameters that you've already set up for us!
    Some displacement shader example might also be a lot of fun! ;)

As a side thought for a different pack altogether, I wonder how possible it would be to make presets for shader plugin packs, like those from DCG and Inagoni. I love the example Inagoni ones that you've already done. I wonder how well something like that would go over. I have Enhance C and Shader Ops 1 & 2 from DCG, and the Advance Pack from Inagoni, and I haven't really found much time to experiment with them yet. I will though... don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering about this because they add so much extra functionality to our already super-powerful shader design room, that it might be fun for you and extremely beneficial to those of us whom own those packs. I plan on getting the entire range from both vendors, and completing my Fenric collection (almost done with that one) in time.

Just a thought ;)

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Would love all things cloth. Being able to drop a shader on a piece of clothing is great for stretching the wardrobe and the budget. Cottons, terry, satin, velvet, crushed velvet, silks, etc. I've bought many shader packages, and the Carrara offerings in this area are slim. Thank you for asking!

edited December 1969

Cbird said:
    Would love all things cloth. Being able to drop a shader on a piece of clothing is great for stretching the wardrobe and the budget. Cottons, terry, satin, velvet, crushed velvet, silks, etc. I've bought many shader packages, and the Carrara offerings in this area are slim. Thank you for asking!
    Ditto!
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,349
    edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    Hello Ringo

Regards, Bunyip

Hello again Ringo

Just letting you know that some arm twisting went on in today's sale !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
    Very happy with them, bought some of the other vendors shaders as well.
    Next the fun bit of using them !!!!

Regards again, Bunyip

edited December 1969

Regards

So, is that shader on the ground plane included? I really love the shaders in your sets that include things like that, like the ones with wires functions and such. They're really fun to mess around with as well, making different effects by changing the parameters that you've already set up for us!

As a side thought for a different pack altogether, I wonder how possible it would be to make presets for shader plugin packs, like those from DCG and Inagoni. I love the example Inagoni ones that you've already done. I wonder how well something like that would go over. I have Enhance C and Shader Ops 1 & 2 from DCG, and the Advance Pack from Inagoni, and I haven't really found much time to experiment with them yet. I will though... don't get me wrong. I'm just wondering about this because they add so much extra functionality to our already super-powerful shader design room, that it might be fun for you and extremely beneficial to those of us whom own those packs. I plan on getting the entire range from both vendors, and completing my Fenric collection (almost done with that one) in time.

Just a thought ;)

I love Enhance C and I do have plans to create shader for it and the Advance Pack. Now I need to figure out how to handle shader sets for DCG plugins.

Ringo

edited December 1969

Cbird said:
    Ditto!

Cloth and displacement shaders great ideas... For the displacement what types would you like?

Ringo

edited December 1969

Bunyip02 said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Hello Ringo

Regards, Bunyip

Hello again Ringo

Just letting you know that some arm twisting went on in today's sale !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
    Very happy with them, bought some of the other vendors shaders as well.
    Next the fun bit of using them !!!!

Regards again, Bunyip

Thank you Bunyip!!!

edited December 1969

Regards

Just a thought ;)

The shader is included in the set. :)
    Now here an EhanceC sample .... I really love EnhanceC.

Enhance_C_sample.jpg
    1200 x 767 - 350K
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Could a shades be done for a manga style screen tone or any to help with toon rendering? Any shaders to help with cel/manga style work are welcome.

Some special effect based ones to cover things like lava, lasers beams, ectoplasma spline, glowing circuitry, etc.

Oriental fabric shaders.

Shaders to replace Poser/DAZ vehicle ones.

I definitely also would like more shaders designed to take advantage of the various additional plugins DCG and others have made.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Maybe a variety set for some of your existing shaders? Something along the lines of a broader range of skin tones etc. for Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and the dragon 3? Maybe some procedural shaders for terrains that are not as blocky as the presets that come with Carrara? I'm not sure if a set of hair shaders would make sense without the hair models, but maybe? Anything that makes it easier to replace Daz Studio shaders that don't look correct in Carrara.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Maybe a variety set for some of your existing shaders? Something along the lines of a broader range of skin tones etc. for Genesis and Genesis 2 figures and the dragon 3? Maybe some procedural shaders for terrains that are not as blocky as the presets that come with Carrara? I'm not sure if a set of hair shaders would make sense without the hair models, but maybe? Anything that makes it easier to replace Daz Studio shaders that don't look correct in Carrara.

I am taking notes on everyones great suggestions. Please keep them coming!

Thanks

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Ooooh. Native Carrara displacement packages for aged and/or vascular effects for pretty much any generation of figures you like. You would be my hero :-)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited September 2014

Sounds good Cbird. For myself it would have to be gen4 at the moment.

Ringo, I have some concrete shaders made by another vendor but they are such low res as to be useless, you need to tile them, but they are not seamless, so still useless , .....

so there could be a need there.

Thanks for asking,, nice to be consulted!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

burlap shader....

and ditto headwax's concrete shader..and maybe a tar road and maybe grime and slime

but would like a burlap one ;-)