Re-directed to Yahoo Search Page

Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
edited September 2014 in Carrara Discussion

To the forum administrators:

If I'm not signed in my browser (IE11) get re-directed to a Yahoo search page that is filled will DAZ search topics.

If I am signed in I'm directed to the DAZ forum topic I clicked on.

Is this normal?

image below shows what happens when I'm not signed in and click on the link for the topic I just wrote (happens on any topic where I'm not signed in)

eg_yahooo_search_page_not_signed_in_.jpg
1103 x 487 - 139K
Post edited by Design Acrobat on

Comments

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited September 2014

I'm not sure about IE 11, but I know in Chrome the cookies have to be reset fairly regularly for Daz. I have heard this from other people as well, although the specifics of each browser may be a little different.

Can you reset your cache/cookies just for the Daz site?

Post edited by cdordoni on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

My older version of Safari throws up the Cloud Flare page. I can get to DAZ's homepage, but it shows as a Cloud Flare cached page unti I click the sign in page.

I can understand the frequent sign-ins, but it shouldn't behave as if the sites' servers are down, which is what it is doing with the Yahoo redirect for the OP and the Cloud Flare redirect for me. One would think it would be bad for business, in that people that are less savvy may not try and work around it and go to a competitor instead.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

try clearing the browser cache and as already said purge your DAZ 3D cookies and allow them to rebuild.

These are not common errors.

• arcadyarcady Posts: 340
    edited September 2014

I find that Safari on Mac regularly throws me to my account dashboard when I click on the members only forum if I have not logged out and then logged back in during that same session.

I suspect Safari on Mac accounts for less than 5% of their hits - so I just shrug and accept that... :)

Safari on PC was cancelled a few years ago - so anyone with that still running should uninstall it - its not been patched for at least the last 3 years worth of assorted hacker tricks.

But I've not seen myself get tossed to yahoo. I'd wonder what plugins you have installed in your browser. A LOT of software out there likes to install custom toolbars and custom replacements to the URL bar and search bar of browsers... and one of their favorite things to do is to replace your searching with a customized version of yahoo. Things like the AVG anti-virus application, and sometimes updates to Flash, will do this, unless you notice the right opt-out checkbox during install and uncheck it...

Post edited by arcady on
    edited December 1969

I haven't been tossed to Yahoo. I just get the Cloud Flare splash screen that tells me the either the website is offline or there is a bad Gateway error or something.

I'll look into the cache and cookies thing.

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

I cleared the cache and cookies and it worked once.

On my second visit after logging off and out of the browser, it was the Yahoo page back as usual, so I had to log in.

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    try clearing the browser cache and as already said purge your DAZ 3D cookies and allow them to rebuild.

These are not common errors.

Sorry, but they happen constantly for me, and I've tried three different browsers. I *have* to be logged in, or I am unable to browse the forums at all, I'm constantly thrown into Cloud Flare "site off-line" screens. All I ever hear back is your advice, but your advice is something I don't have to do for any other site or forum I visit. Over twenty years I can count the sum total of my needing to rebuild caches or delete cookies on my hands, apart from DAZ. It's been this way for me since the site changed platforms. It is an extra effort to use DAZ forums.

edited December 1969

Same here. I've deleted my cookies and cleared my cache. The cache thing is something I do regularly as it is.

The difference for me, is that it's only been happening for me for the past month or two. It does seem to be a on 24 hour timer or something.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

Same here. I've deleted my cookies and cleared my cache. The cache thing is something I do regularly as it is.

The difference for me, is that it's only been happening for me for the past month or two. It does seem to be a on 24 hour timer or something.

24 hour timer suggests two possibilities for me:

1) Is it happening at midnight DAZ time, when the new releases go live?
    2) Does your DHCP issue addresses for 24 hours?

edited December 1969

Nope. The 24 hour time goes from whenever I have to sign in. If it's 2:00 PM local time, then I'll have to sign in again at 2:00 PM, even if I'm currently browsing the forum. I've had it log me out in the middle of composing a post.

As to the DHCP, it's not on my end of things as I have no problems with any other site. Period. I'm no network guru, but I do know how to set up a small home network, and I do know that my DHCP settings aren't timed like that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Nope. The 24 hour time goes from whenever I have to sign in. If it's 2:00 PM local time, then I'll have to sign in again at 2:00 PM, even if I'm currently browsing the forum. I've had it log me out in the middle of composing a post.

As to the DHCP, it's not on my end of things as I have no problems with any other site. Period. I'm no network guru, but I do know how to set up a small home network, and I do know that my DHCP settings aren't timed like that.

EP I think you are sending vibes my way. I read that post, and bingo, I got my daily log out. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

I did some deep, deep cleaning on my system, so we'll see what happens. I was doing errands yesterday afternoon and didn't get back until about 5:00 PM and had to login, so I'll see if it does it again at that time.