Shader Rotator (Commercial)

2»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

That's the service, V3Digitimes, much appreciated. I was always confident about quality of your products,

but helping people with the problems is remarkable. Thanks for all your kindness.

Speaking of the hard drive space. I have also filled up my hdd and considering to buy another, bigger one.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2021

@Random: No problem, you are not the first and won't be the last of the users to contact me because they refused to obey a machine! XD

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

@Artini: thanks a lot Artini for your kind words! As I just told a few hours ago to another supernice user via MP, my products are my babies! I want everybody to find them beautiful (maybe I should see a doctor about this lol)! So for me this is super natural to help people when they meet issues with my products.

Hard drive space is also a huge issue for me. I bought a new computer because mine was very old and completely full (6 Go left on my E:, 20 Go on my F:, and I did not see what to delete to add free space). But now that I think about installing Daz content, plus all my softwares, plus all my textures (ouch!), and all my previous projects, I realise that my new computer will be rapidly full too with the projects to come. I reached the stage where I consider seriously adding a storage bay, once and for all, both for backup (because backuping is super important when you develop), and for additional storage for new projects. In brief, yes, HDD developers obviously did not think about Daz Users XD!

• I reached the stage where I consider seriously adding a storage bay, once and for all, both for backup (because backuping is super important when you develop), and for additional storage for new projects. In brief, yes, HDD developers obviously did not think about Daz Users XD!

A NAS is perfect for that.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,198

DoctorJellybean said:

I reached the stage where I consider seriously adding a storage bay, once and for all, both for backup (because backuping is super important when you develop), and for additional storage for new projects. In brief, yes, HDD developers obviously did not think about Daz Users XD!

A NAS is perfect for that.

Yes, I have a Synology DS1815+ (8 drive bays). It automatically makes a snapshot and stores multiple backup versions of any change I make to any file in my Daz Studio content libraries, DIM downloads, or photos we take with our cameras. You have to have some technical skills to setup and manage something like that, because it has so much capability, it can be rather overwhelming. I only understand a tiny bit of all the possibilities. Synology has pretty good documentation and their tech support has been top notch the couple times I contacted them.

Yes NAS is a good idea. I would have taken a NAS if I had not spent all my spare money on the graphic card of my new computer (but it's a RTX 3090, and it makes such a difference with my 1080!). I'll have to limit the storage bay to the minimum I need, so NAS is excluded for me. But the graphic card was more important, and like we say in french, you can't have the butter AND the money of the butter...

Congrats on your new computer and RTX 3090. My son has also bought it and he likes RTX 3090 a lot.

Yes, a great graphic card, it changes your life on Daz Studio (and other GPU software) as much as it changes the volume of your wallet. I hesitated a lot, but I don't regret it now :)

Yes, I am considering it too, but first I need to get a new computer. My current one is more than 7 years old and could not run properly RTX 3090.

Good, that I do not eat butter, so maybe I will earn enough money to buy a new computer in a couple of incoming years smiley

I understand, and you're totally right, changing everything is the best choice. My previous computer was also older than 7 years old. The card would even not have fit in it in term of size...

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I was wondering if there was anyway to update the script to give other rotation options like 45 degrees?

Hi, this option will be the part of another product (finishing it), dedicated to Iray Uber, with many more options too. With the current technics used, this is not possible with Shader Rotator. Sorry for the delay, I did not see your message .