Bugga Boo Hair Fits Freebies!... and other stuff.

Comments

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

Lady Littlefox said:

Problem is that there are no trivial ways to auto fit hair... it's too radically different in size, shape and construction and  it stands a non-standard distance from the head.
    Best I can do with any hope of success is a generic deformer that you'll have to nudge a bit to get to behave and won't solve all solutions just some..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8dgMdF1NBG778GQza5NF9zEVTZXA6a5/view?usp=sharing

To use this...
    Load hair onto Bugga
     Go into the hair under 'Current' and turn OFF both of the auto generated Bugga morphs.
    Turn off Enable Smoothing.
    With Hair still selected, load the magnet.
    It may ask what other parts of the hair to apply to if it is multiple figures,  do the all.
    Now  it may or may not look like it's working at this point... dforce hair can get pretty tempramental...
    If it looks like it more or less fits but is hovering way over the head, go inside the hair, find D-Former 1-Base,  Go inside that and you'll find 'D-Former1'   Select that
    This will give you complete control of the magnet for adjustment.  Simply use the 'Ytranslate' to gently bring the hair downward onto the head.
    You can also use the different scales and rotations to adjust it.
    If the hair is so big that the magnet doesn't encompass it, you're looking for 'D-Former 1 Field' scale that up till the whole hair can move around as needed

Now this is not a perfect solution,  For short hair that clings to the back of the neck it's still going to have some trouble.  But this should get you in the ball park for longer hair at least.

This worked beautifully.  Heck, even just pairing hair to the head, scaling shifting down, and dforming produced much better results than trying to do it all by hand.

• So how exactly do the hair fits work?  I copied the ones I had to the Data folder..  do I need to do anything else?  I loaded one of the hairs to check out the fit but couldn't find anything.  I'm sure I'm missing something....  LOL

Thanks!  I just love Boo and want to learn what I can to use hair and clothes on her. 

• You should be able to just copy and paste into the content/Data structure, making sure to keep the folder structure the same.  If it winds up in the right folder, when you load the hair, the morph will come with it.   It may be hidden,  occassionally when I save morphs they do that, but it should be there.

Muon Quark said:

So how exactly do the hair fits work?  I copied the ones I had to the Data folder..  do I need to do anything else?  I loaded one of the hairs to check out the fit but couldn't find anything.  I'm sure I'm missing something....  LOL

Thanks!  I just love Boo and want to learn what I can to use hair and clothes on her. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,316

I can't afford her right now but I do intend to buy her as soon as I can...she is so adorable.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Can someone kindly provide step by step instructions on where to put the morphs and how to find and use them when loading a hair. I rarely manually install anything so I'm a bit at a loss. Thanks. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

@Worlds_Edge  simple open the zip folder ,if I remember correctly there is only a "data" file in it ,grab that ,and drop it into your My Library file ,and it should just merge into the Data file in there . that's all you have to do.the morphs are automatically applied to the hairs they are made for. Lady LittleFox  gave a list of the ones she made morphs for .Hope this helps

• To work with it.. saw folks winding up inside the zip and confused so start with the link for the google download and go to the far right... here
    Once you have it downloaded open in your zip program
    I'm using 7zip cause its free.

Opened you should see 'Data'

Extract it directly into your Content folder wherever it is...

It'll comment about copying over stuff in some because the folders already exist. That's fine, its not actually copying over anything, it's just installing extra morphs into the right folders.

You can do the same thing by extracting the data folder and then copy and pasting the data folder and all its contents into the contents folder of your daz library... as long as the morphs get where the rest of the pack is installed, it'll work fine.

2021-01-27_13-07-27.jpg
    277 x 158 - 7K

carrie58 said:

@Worlds_Edge  simple open the zip folder ,if I remember correctly there is only a "data" file in it ,grab that ,and drop it into your My Library file ,and it should just merge into the Data file in there . that's all you have to do.the morphs are automatically applied to the hairs they are made for. Lady LittleFox  gave a list of the ones she made morphs for .Hope this helps

This is probably a dumb question, but just to be certain, I put it in "content" rather than in the exsting subfolder called "data?"

• The folder structure should have a Folder inside of Content that is 'Data'.  So if you install it into the content folder data should wind up in the right place

Thank you @ladylittlefox and @carrie58.

• I used boots on her just fine but maybe because I combined her with another G8F character but she was close to 100%...   The hair's not perfect but it's close.

InSpookyMoonlight.jpg
    866 x 911 - 124K
  • Here's another hair that I used for her.. it's a side sweep hair called EA Sidecit.

BayouBuggaBoo.jpg
    999 x 1178 - 168K
  • Hmmm see if this kills the artifacts.  just apply it over the hair that's giving problems.

zip
    zip
    Artifact Killer.zip
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Thank you so much for this. I can normally manage with converting hair myself but it was driving me crazy yesterday. Possibly because I was in a hurry to play with this cutie. I'm just wondering if I wanted to create morphs for this little one is there anything I need to know? I've noticed she has grafts so I'm thinking it might be slightly different to normal?

• The grafts are just there to keep her body rendering a smoothly as possible under all conditions... the neck especially had some weird geometry that just wouldn't smooth out reliably for some poses, and the limbs and torso had a lot of compression artifacts that would show up now and then in renders from the mesh being forced so tiny....   That said the graft should auto follow any morph you put in the body underneath it, so additional morphs shouldn't be a problem,  just build them on G8 and go ;)

Thanks for the info...I like to play and put my own slant on things. If I do anything worthwhile I'll release it as a freebie if that's okay?

The hair fit for pony knots worked beautifully...she's such a cutie!

Bugga boo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 480K
  • Here i combined Booga with some other character settings.

She is really lovely!

Big sister 2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 588K
  • Oh heavens both are sweeties!   Love it!

• Oh that's fine on freebies hon,  the more the merrier ;)  

Thanks on the freebies! 

• So sweet Thanks!

• Thank you so much for the refits of your hair for Bugga Boo.  I didn't realize I owned so many of your hair items.  LOL.  I installed the fits in the proper folders and they worked like a charm.    

• hisapuppyhisapuppy Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I Started DAZ Studio 2 weeks ago and my purchase haul included this doll had ZERO idea what I was doing considering I have never used any programs like this, saw an AD and decided why not? last night as trying the hair fix I was raging...i revisited the task in the AM and I am not disappointed.  Thank for the clear instructions, really helped a super DAZ n00b get through it. Truly in love with my renders and your doll Ty.

Yuki.jpg
    989 x 881 - 381K
    YukiB.jpg
    989 x 881 - 435K
    Post edited by hisapuppy on
  • ellequeelleque Posts: 18

Thank you very much!  I have been able to fit Lori Hair on her head.  So cute!

• Good Day/Evening  I downloaded the link from above and when I unzip it, the file says people? am I doing something wrong? I did download in o Daz under people but can't seem to find it at all. 

• Toni58 said:

Good Day/Evening  I downloaded the link from above and when I unzip it, the file says people? am I doing something wrong? I did download in o Daz under people but can't seem to find it at all. 

When you extract it, You have to load/copy into the My Daz3d Library, not all the way into the "People" folder. It will "merge" with the People folder and automagically put the inner folders into the right place. If you put it inside the People folder, it won't be going to the right place, and you won't be able to find it.

I have a video here, if that helps:  

• HighlandHighland Posts: 125

I could not get any hair to work. I searched the forums and found this thread. LLF's Hair Magnet instructions worked perfectly. One caveat: I had to load the clothing first. If I didn't they looked like a bad dForce simulation.

bb-02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 99K
    bb-01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 82K
  • spuffy said:

Lady Littlefox said:

Starting a link list here for anyone who wants to post morphs for helping products fit Bugga Boo.  
    Now be aware, the only things that are being provided here are morphs to help things fit..  This still means you have to own the original product!
    These morphs are provided as is, and were what I used for making promos.   ;) 
    If you have any fits or freebie content you'd like to offer fitting Bugga Boo,  please feel free to post them here and I'll add them to a compilation list in the first post of the thread ;)

http://www.ladylittlefox.com/BuggaBoo Hair Fit Freebie.zip
    Contains fits for:
    3dUniverse's  Paige and Ravyn Hairs
    AprilYSH's Miranda and Pascale Hairs
    Biscuit's Jam Hair
    GoldTassel's PonyKnots Hair
    Hamster's Lancy Hair
    Karth's Fuzzy Overall for G8Baby
    Linday's Primavera Hair
    Littlefox's Cutie, Dalia, AnimePigtails, Jette, Kenji, Kinley, Laura, Long Sakura, Lori, Luc, Kyla, Bunny and Thistle Hair, Also Thistle's non-graft Tail and Ears
    Mihrelle's Curly Bun
    Nirvana's Fashion Stylized Bob
    OutofTouch's Shirley Hair

The link doesn't work for me.  She's adorable though, I must have her even though I swore I wouldn't buy anything for awhile.

I know this is 2 years old. But that link goes to a page that doesn't exist