Daz Studio 4.15 Blonde Hair Rendering Issue

I am a big fan of the OOT (Out Of Touch) hairstyles, however after updating Daz to version 4.15 the blonde hair materials are not rendering properly (See attached examples). There is a weird glowing effect now in the hair renders. I have tried rendering with both the nvidia denoiser enabled and disabled, and I have tried deleting the hair and reloading it, but in both cases the resulting render is the same. The darker hair materials don't seem to have this issue. I have attached two different scene examples with different lighting setups. Example 1 uses mesh lights, while example 2 is only lit using an HDRI. Each example has a render from before updating to 4.15 and after 4.15. If you open the images and directly compare them, the difference is obvious. Any ideas? Thanks for the assistance.

Here are the hairs in question:
https://www.daz3d.com/adeline-hair-and-circlets-for-genesis-8-females
https://www.daz3d.com/marigold-hair-for-genesis-3-and-genesis-8-female-s

ex_1_ver_4.14.png
1661 x 2160 - 4M
ex_1_ver_4.15.png
1661 x 2160 - 4M
ex_2_ver_4.14.png
1620 x 2160 - 2M
ex_2_ver_4.15.png
1620 x 2160 - 2M

Comments

• Hello,

I have just posted the same thing but not just about OOT. There are other hair products that do this too! I have a bad feeling we're looking at a bug. You are the third person I've seen with a similar issue.

• Also, I've noticed that the edge of a character's head can take on a harsh bit of jaggedness when you take the hair away that's the problem. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Yeah, 4.15 does a weird thing with opacity now.  There are a few recent posts about it in the 4.15 beta thread.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449361/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-15-0-2-updated#latest

• Thanks for the information, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully the Daz team can fix it soon.

• raffarraffar Posts: 7

I found reducing the hair Cutout Opacity surface setting to slightly less than 1.0 seems to be a workaround. I've used a value of 0.99.

• Changing the Cutout Opacity to 0.99 does indeed mostly mitigate the problem with hair, thank you!

• raffar said:

I found reducing the hair Cutout Opacity surface setting to slightly less than 1.0 seems to be a workaround. I've used a value of 0.99.

I can confirm this also works in solving a related issue with some severe flecking when using DOF. Setting cutout opacity to 0.99 does solve that as well.

@Raffar you saved my production schedule, thank you. heart

default g8, default marigold, default rendersettings, default scene, rendered out to about 3500 iterations.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    same, cutout opacity set to 0.99.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • serpent_83deee09serpent_83deee09 Posts: 3
    edited December 2021

naughtyroad said:

raffar said:

I can confirm this also works in solving a related issue with some severe flecking when using DOF. Setting cutout opacity to 0.99 does solve that as well.

@Raffar you saved my production schedule, thank you. heart

Awesome! This helps a lot!

Post edited by serpent_83deee09 on