Carrara attracting new artists?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited January 2021 in Carrara Discussion

are you finding the tutorials you need to get started?

is the s/w priced too high?

Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

winjing in the pc club forum for new carrara content falling on deaf ears.

sometimes its not about the money, its about the love.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

As a long time user of Carrara (who made the switch from Daz a year into my project), I now find I have to use DAZ to extract sets and props out into a format suitable for Carrara. Despite this, I still prefer to use Carrara, for scene creation and animation. 

If you are new to 3D, or want to make something quicker, I recommend Carrara for it's all-in-one use, coupled with stability. I gave up on making animated episodes in DAZ, too slow with the big scenes, and too crashy any random time it chooses. 

Daz has Iray, Carrara can use the Octane plug in, Daz is being developed, Carrara has stood still for years - despite this it's STILL a lot easier to put a serious project together in Carrara.

So I would say, the money difference is minimal (you'll be spending most of your budget in clothes and props etc anyway), it's not even about the love (however I find Carrara easier to navigate), it's about being practical. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

I find I need a multitude of apps to do what I want to do if I don't use Carrara and lots of postwork 

Carrara I can do everything in it.

• I’ve delved into Carrara from time to time depending on the time available with the result that each and every time, I’ve learned something new and useful. It is my preferred go to for quick modelling, quick rendering and with the added plugins by community members it hasn’t stopped growing!

If I was starting out from scratch I might be persuaded by the hype of other software packages, but sadly would be missing such a lot that Carrara offers out the box. Once you’ve become familiar with its unique design, like me you will always ensure a copy is on hand for those easy to set up scenes and beautiful renders that are tantalisingly simple to procure without having to wade through pages of explanation or unsearchable websites.

Daz3d has a real gem here!!!