Iray on Geforce 780 doesn't work anymore - "compute capability 5.0 or higher is required"

DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 80

Hi guys

I cannot get IRAY to render on my GTX 780 with Iray 4.14 and 4.15. I have downloaded the latest Game Ready driver (461.09) and still does not work. It used to work fine.

In the log file I get:

2021-01-25 17:11:02.010 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.1   IRAY   rend warn : GPU 1 (GeForce GTX 780) with CUDA compute capability 3.5 is unsupported by this version of iray photoreal for technical reasons (compute capability 5.0 or higher is required).

Is my card now obsolete for use with IRAY? Can I download an older version of IRAY, or should I downgrade to an older DAZ install? Can I look up these requirements somewhere?

Edit: Seems requirement came with 4.14: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/449311/daz-studio-pro-4-14-nvidia-iray

Post edited by DrHemulen on

Comments

• You could open a support tikcet to request an older version of DS, if you don't have the installers backed up.

• Thanks, I've done that. I thought there was an archive somewhere, but tech support has that as a predefined option, so I hope I can get 4.12 :)

• DrHemulenDrHemulen Posts: 80
    edited January 2021

Talked to DAZ support, they do not have older versions to give out, and suggest that I fix by bying a new card.

Remember to back up your installers. Last one I have is 4.5 so I guess it's no more DAZ for me until the 3080 cards are available.

Post edited by DrHemulen on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited January 2021

my skepticism about DAZ's relationship with Nvidia has definitely increased angry

my "spare" card is a 780

wonder when they will move to discarding the 9### series crying

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • jag11jag11 Posts: 885

DrHemulen said:

Talked to DAZ support, they do not have older versions to give out, and suggest that I fix by bying a new card.

Remember to back up your installers. Last one I have is 4.5 so I guess it's no more DAZ for me until the 3080 cards are available.

Same case here, 780Ti. No artist should be left behind. 

How unfortunate.

• Yeah I don't think this can be blamed on DAZ actually. As I read the updates, it's the IRAY core that's been updated so it doesn't support older hardware. So it maybe more nvidia that wants to sell new cards ;)

I just find it weird that they don't allow for older versions, but it might be a support nightmare if you roll back to an earlier version with a different content database system.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

I just found a version 4.12 on my previous SDD. Saved by the bell.

• Good for you, I've been using install manager for a long, time, so no luck here. I gotta remember to do backups from now.