Objects render white when using Starry Sky

nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have a mystery.

I am trying to render a space scene and in this scene I have the CDF Damocles - Battlecruiser. It renders fine unless I add Dartanbeck's Starry Sky for Carrara. It is a medium scene so I use the Medium Starry Sky.

Some parts of the ship render white, I looked at the shader and I don't see a reason for this behavior. The shader looks fine. I believe it might have something to do with the object itself?

So, what could the problem be? Something I am missing in the shader or the object itself?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I tried searching the DAZ store, but I couldn't come up with anything. Have a link?

Also, maybe a screen shot of the render settings or anything else that you feel may be appropriate may help.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the large scale starry sky to see what happens?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Open the "Stars" group, then in both "Pattern Stars" and "Earth-Bound Constellation" groups, look for the stars that have a parent (white triangle), open the star's parent to reveal a light "Constellation Highlight" for each of those stars.
    Select each Constellation Highlight object and delete them.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Yep, looks like it was the "Constellation Highlight".

Thanks.

Evil, the CDF Damocles - Battlecruiser is sold at Rendo.