Update for Neroli hair?

In October 2020 there was some forum activity about some flaws with neroli hair (see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/455376/hair-with-small-hair-cap/p1 and  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/394586/new-novica-forum-members-tips-product-reviews-pt-13/p71)

On October 28th an update was announced, did this already happen? I always use the manual download option, will these files be updated as well? I downloaded it again today and could not notice any difference. I now that the creator posted some workaround but today I used photoshop to modify the promlematic transmap of the hair cap. This took less than 5 minutes, but I cannot redistribute the file. Why does it take more than10 weeks for an official update? Is it stuck in QC at DAZ?

Comments

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,192

It was because I was swamped, not a QC problem as much as Id like to pass off the blame.  The update is done and should be available soon. Thanks!

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 210
    edited January 2021

Thank you for the update (on the update)!

Post edited by Hemi426 on

You are very welcome :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Good news. I had given up, too. Now I'll watch for it in DIM.

Yeah, I truly apologize for keeping everyone waiting.  There was just so much on my plate.  Anyways, I got word that it says "live in store" so it should be in dim in the next few days.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

An update showed up for me today.  What should we look for?

I replaced the cap trans only. There are no extra presets or anything. So I would assume it will overwrite the one you already have. No more weird shaved forehead :)

edited February 2021

This is the updated Neroli Hair. She has a freckled forehead, so it is hard to see what is hair cap and what is freckled skin. I guess this was not the best choice to show the update. Anyway, I just wanted to show my appreciation for the update.

Updated Neroli Hair.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited February 2021

Here's a better example. I changed the skin and hair for better contrast. I rotated the light to better highlight the scalp area. I had to use Mesh Grabber to pull the hair cap out from the forehead because of the mesh collision artifacts that often occur with hair caps. I wish the product had morphs in the hair cap to handle this.

Hmmm... I think I'll just save my Mesh Grabber change as a morph for future use. Oops - wait - I did that before and forgot all about it. blush Bah, getting old is tough.

G8.1F Charlotte 8 skin Altern 8.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M

Thanks for the feedback Barbult.  You are right, there should be basic fits for the skullcap. Ill add it to my next hair:)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I recieved an update for Neroli hair recently but the onsite readme did not get updated can someone tell me what the update does?

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

Daventaki said:

I recieved an update for Neroli hair recently but the onsite readme did not get updated can someone tell me what the update does?

I believe that the G8F version was setting some other surface defaults when loaded, like eyelashes and other things not hair. Keep a copy of the old version somewhere safe and downlodd the new one. Check to see which files were changed and compare them to see. I did it a couple of weeks ago, but can't recall all the details.

edited September 2021

Neroli was loading a second set of eyelashes. I submitted a help request and it looks like that was fixed. I don't know about anything else. I've become quite fond of Neroli hair. Here is a short version on a Bette &Kala 8 combo character.

G8F Kala Bette Seated Halter Dress Neroli hair Shorter.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you! Shes cute Barbult!!

• OO very nice Barbult!!