Skin translucency and fingernails

If i change the skin translucency of my character(Michael 8 in my example) by using the included translucency setting, it seems like the skin under his fingernails isnt affected. It almost looks like hes wearing nail varnish. See my attachment for a pretty self-explaining example.

Is there any trick to apply it to the full body, maybe within the surface tab? Im using iray and the iray materials.

nails.png
600 x 840 - 523K

Comments

• vukiolvukiol Posts: 66

ofc, arms and nails are 2 separate surfaces

i usually use the templates to change the textures and and the groups (skin, skin,lips nails etc) to change other settings

dont know about michael, but commonly, for nails and skin, the textures are linked on different parameters, ie no specular for the nails on glossy when is used for the skin

• Thanks for your answer, but unfortunatly this doesnt work. The transmitted color of the nails keeps the same(red-orange), no matter which surface i apply the materials to.

1. Load Michael 8(Smart Content)

2. Select Michael Figure

3. Apply translucency setting. Shouldnt this apply to the whole michael figure already?

Then all parts of Michael get the translucency setting, except the nails. If i apply it directly to surfaces->michael 8->nails, nothing changes. I wonder why others dont experience this? Cant find anything relating this issue.