Daz unable to locate ALL files after installing/uninstalling Dropbox [SOLVED]

adoniogtsadoniogts Posts: 98

Hello everybody! Here to learn something new about Daz while trying to solve a problem! :)

I installed Dropbox in my computer to see how it worked, I didn't like it and so I uninstalled it...
Next thing I know, after opening my Daz scenes, not one file can be found, no textures nor any data, it just loads gray human like blocks.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the directories, something Dropbox messed up while installing, but I can't quite get my head around it, the Content Directory Manager is clearly pointing at the right direction towards the files...

Something I don't understand is that when I open a scene, when it says:

Unable to Locate file
Could not find file: /Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/Belle6/Belle6LimbsM.jpg

There is nothing in front of "/Runtime"... Like Daz isn't looking for the files where the Content Directory Manager is pointing to...

I've thought about donig a System Restore but want to try to fix this without a System Restore for that would be a bit too extreme. There has to be a way to make Daz find the files cos they are there!

Image 1 - The message the appears when I open any Daz session.
Image 2 - All the missing files and the gray human like blocks.

Image 3 - The Content Directory Manager is pointing to where the files are...

Image 4 and Image 5 - In the right it says "Could not find file: /Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis2/Belle6LimbsM.jpg" and in the left you can see that what's supposed to be before "/Runtime" is "Daz 3D/Studio/My Library" like it says in the Content Directory Manager "C:/Users/Adonio/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library"

Any help would be greatly appreciated for I am stumped on this one

image1.jpg
1366 x 768 - 309K
image2.jpg
1366 x 768 - 439K
image3.jpg
1366 x 768 - 547K
image4.jpg
1366 x 768 - 530K
image5.jpg
1366 x 768 - 612K
Post edited by adoniogts on