Millenium Dog , saving morph assets [SOLVED]

SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
edited September 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there,

I tried to save a morph asset for the MILLENIUM DOG LE figure but DAZ Studio tells me that this is not possible unless I save it as figure first.

The Millenium Dog is a CR2 file. Is there any way to save a morph asset for it in DAZ Studio like I can do the usual way?

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Felix

Post edited by SF-Design on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited September 2014

It isn't working because the original dog .cr2 figure is a Poser-format file; Morph Assets only work on DAZ|Studio format files. Here's how to convert it:

Use the Content Library tab, not the Smart Content tab. Later, if you want and if you know how, you can set the figure up to appear in Smart Content, but you cannot create it as Smart Content.

Load the dog .cr2 and navigate in the Content Library tab to wherever you want to save your new dog figure.

In the File menu select Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset. (You have to use the File menu, you can't save a Support Asset using the Content Library tab's save controls.) Note that you will need to navigate manually to your Content Library folder, then to the folder you want to save the dog into. Do not try to save into the Runtime folder where the original file was, that is for Poser files only. Your figure is no longer a Poser file.

Once the figure is finished saving, you now have a D|S-format file that can use Morph Assets, and it will appear in the Content Library tab.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited September 2014

or alternatively

Capture.JPG
    845 x 419 - 45K
    Capture.JPG
    1307 x 894 - 139K
    Capture.JPG
    485 x 729 - 93K
    Capture.JPG
    1092 x 731 - 176K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

It isn't working because the original dog .cr2 figure is a Poser-format file; Morph Assets only work on DAZ|Studio format files. Here's how to convert it:

Use the Content Library tab, not the Smart Content tab. Later, if you want and if you know how, you can set the figure up to appear in Smart Content, but you cannot create it as Smart Content.

Load the dog .cr2 and navigate in the Content Library tab to wherever you want to save your new dog figure.

In the File menu select Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Asset. (You have to use the File menu, you can't save a Support Asset using the Content Library tab's save controls.) Note that you will need to navigate manually to your Content Library folder, then to the folder you want to save the dog into. Do not try to save into the Runtime folder where the original file was, that is for Poser files only. Your figure is no longer a Poser file.

Once the figure is finished saving, you now have a D|S-format file that can use Morph Assets, and it will appear in the Content Library tab.

Have you actually tried that, because unless something has changed Figure/Prop Asset is for saving TriAx rigged figures and not crappy parametric rigged Poser figures, and don't bother using the convert to TriAx function in DS as that just gives **** results.

When dealing with Poser content in DS4 you have a couple of choices, Wendy's method above of using the EXP exporter will create the INJ/REM PZ2 you need but that figure doesn't have any INJection channels so you wont have anywhere to inject those morphs after you make them.

You can save it as a scene subset, this will write the figure out as DSF assets and put them in the data/auto_adapted folder, it will then write the morph deltas into the subset DUF file.

Your other choice is to either save out a new CR2 using our exporter plugin, or go make the thing in Poser.

edited December 1969

and bugger me cannot figure out how to use as only tried M4 and V4 before and they have folders to put those files in

edited December 1969

yes see now that not gonna work
    as Bejaymac said
    I have done this with figures that have injection channels, never tried the dog

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Note that the OP is using the LE version of the dog, it doesn't have the injection channels to put morphs into. The full version of the dog does have the channels.

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all your answers and help with that :)

I did it with saving the dog as scene subset after I had created the dials, that way appeared to me to be the easiest one.
    It worked exactly as I wanted to have it :)

Cheers