Crashes Due to Filament

I'm seeing some Daz Studio crashes with certain products when the viewport is set to Filament. Happens when I load the set and then switch to Filament or if I have the viewport set to Filament before I load the set.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And, sidenote, where can we submit bugs now? The link from the bug window when DS crashes no longer works.

Tim

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

The crash window link hasn't worked for ages.  Tickets can be submitted here:

Daz 3D | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

I disabled Filament to avoid switching to it accidentally and crashing DS after experiencing that a few times, since I don't do animations and my machine is good enough for most Iray renders.

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 238

Yeah, that's where I ended up submitting it. Anyone else seeing these sorts of issues -- crashes with Filament? Anyone finding any patterns?

Tim

• deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

No patterns unfortunately, but this happened yesterday to me when accidentially switching to Filament. So I can confirm it exists, unfortunately... 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I do almost always for example with a scene I made using Mediterranean Shore & Toon Generations 2 character. It's because my GPU runs out of video RAM. I either have to reduce texture sizes or buy a new nVidia 3000 series video card (buying an older one with more RAM no longer makes sense at all since the scalpers have pumped up the prices up almost every video card on the market that is 3 years old or newer).

• I don't plan to use Filament, and found how to disable it, and upon reboot, the DAZ program ran significantly faster. 

• IceScribe said:

I don't plan to use Filament, and found how to disable it, and upon reboot, the DAZ program ran significantly faster. 

What is this Filament that you are talking about? What is is used for and how do I disable it? DAZ has been super slow lately and even crashing.

• I noticed that Filament crashes when I have missing textures/files in a scene that I load.

It's fine with texture shaded and iray.

But when I switch to Filament it crashes.

So it may be a problem with trying to load something that is not in the library list.

I'll do some more testing to verify.

--tromnek