Daz/Blender Bridge - Two-Way? What About Rigged Figures?

Okay. I've been experimenting more with Blender recently, so I have a question about the DAZ/Blender bridge. First, is it possible to export something from Blender back into DAZ3D? Because when I tried working with Blender, I couldn't figure out how. And if a figure is rigged in Blender and I export it to DAZ, will it still be rigged or will I have to start from scratch?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Nope, one way to blender. You can always import .OBJs into DS with no issues, bridge or not. Rigging is pretty much proprietary in DS, so anything you bring in will need to be rerigged.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

not strictly true

Poser legacy rigging works in DAZ studio

Poser11+ can import FBX

saved as a cr2 loaded and converted to DAZ weightmapping in D|S most stuff works

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

thanks Wendy. I always forget about the poser route since I haven't had it installed in forever.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

not strictly true

Poser11+ can import FBX

saved as a cr2 loaded and converted to DAZ weightmapping in D|S most stuff works

Wait a minute...Poser can import FBX format and then save it as a cr2?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited January 2021

OrionPax09 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

not strictly true

Poser11+ can import FBX

Wait a minute...Poser can import FBX format and then save it as a cr2?

yes

not all FBX files are equal though

Makehuman for example doesn't work

Mixamo rigged stuff and iClone exports are generally good, they are broken into conforming parts usually

it varies a bit 

animation needs to be saved as a pz2 and BVH works pretty well on the result in DAZ studio too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Alot of bones don't follow the mesh when porting to blender now, not to mention they aren't aligned correctly in the hands or really the entire upper body. Not sure what went wrong with this new update, but it has a truck load of problems.