Daz studio bridge not working

RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi everyone :)

Next question for today!

The bridge between Studio and Bryce has suddenly stopped working for me. It did before, now today...nada. With Bryce opened or closed, nothing happens - no error message, nothing. Using the latest release of both.

Not that I need to use it much except for testing, but I do like things to work!

Any advice, please?

Cheers :)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,536
    edited December 1969

@Roygee - strange, never had this. I can always select either DS 3 or 4.6 from Bryce 7.1. Since it worked earlier today, perhaps restarting the computer helps.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

Check your firewall isn't blocking the connection.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the replies -no, a good night's sleep didn't help :)

Strange, because the bridge from Bryce to Studio is working, but not the other way!

How would I check the firewall? Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm not very clued up on software.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:

Strange, because the bridge from Bryce to Studio is working, but not the other way!

How would I check the firewall? Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I'm not very clued up on software.

don't think its your firewall if you can go from Bryce to Studio .

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Roygee said:

don't think its your firewall if you can go from Bryce to Studio .

It is possible if they are using different ports.

Go to Control Pane in Windows, open the Windows Firewall and check what is being blocked in the log file. If you can't see anything referring to Bryce and DAZ then clear the log and try using the 'Send to Bryce' option in DAZ then check the log again and see if there is anything showing up as being blocked. If there is then highlight it and click on the 'Allow' button and try DAZ to Bryce again.

It is a long while since I used Windows Firewall as I us Comodo.

edited December 1969

Thank you - I couldn't see anything in the log, but added Bryce and Studio to the allowed applications, but ths made no difference.

I may be on track to find the fault. Found I had two versions of Bryce 7 Pro installed - one in Program Files and the other in Program Files (X86). This must have come about when I found the DIM install made a bit of a mess of my content and I did a fresh install. Can't remember which one I installed where and which one DIM installed and where!

My desktop icon launches Bryce from the Programe Files one. I made it LAA and Windows XP compatible after getting some weird issues and it is now pretty stable.

I must obviously uninstall one of them - I guess the Program Files one because Bryce being 32 bit should go in (X86), not so?

edited December 1969

@Roygee - first, save all your presets in case you made your own, and content that is installed in either Bryce folder just to make sure you don't lose anything.

I recommend to install Bryce in a folder of its own, if possible not on the C drive. I have all versions of Bryce from 4 up to 7.1 installed on D, each one in its own folder. I also have 3 Studio versions installed (2.3 for Bryce 5.5, 3 for Bryce 6 and 4.6 for Bryce 7.1 and the content is common). If I can help it, I never install a program on C or the Program Files folder. I run Bryce on Win 2000, XP and 7.

edited December 1969

Horo, I fully agree that it is bad practice to install content on the C:/ drive! Unfortunately the guy who built my new machine for me forgot that I'd asked him to partition the drive, so I only have the one 1TB drive installed, plus a couple of externals.

The process for post-install partition on Win7 seems straight-forward enough, but I was given a dire warning not to try, so I'm not going to go messing with something that works well :)

So in these circumstances would you recommend simply installing to C:/ and not under any program files folder? I know some users also recommend doing this with Hexagon, but I haven't noticed any difference in performance there between the two options.

I'll make sure to backup all content before doing anything !

Any ideas on how Studio detects where to find Bryce to open it?

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Roygee here is a link to a thread on this site: Bryce to DAZ bridge Perhaps the information within that thread will be of help.

edited December 1969

Thanks for that link - I've taken a look and tried a few things.

Uninstalled and re-installed Bryce, making sure that there was only one version 7.1.0.109, cleaned the registry, then re-installed Studio, as recommended. Now I'm getting from Studio that I need version 7.1.0.73 or higher - which I do have installed.

Also tried with Bryce open and closed - same result.

This is at least some reaction from Studio!

Bryce to Studio bridge works, but not the other way. If I could find what prompts Studio to find Bryce, maybe I could find a solution.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:

Uninstalled and re-installed Bryce, making sure that there was only one version 7.1.0.109, cleaned the registry, then re-installed Studio, as recommended. Now I'm getting from Studio that I need version 7.1.0.73 or higher - which I do have installed.

Bryce to Studio bridge works, but not the other way. If I could find what prompts Studio to find Bryce, maybe I could find a solution.

now Uninstalled and re-installed Bryce
    I remember some people had to have Studio installed first

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Roygee said:

now Uninstalled and re-installed Bryce
    I remember some people had to have Studio installed first

and turn your computer off to let it reboot every thing
    some people never turn theirs off .

edited December 1969

@Roygee - there was once a thread where Rashad commented on such an issue. The only thing I have saved is this shot from the registry. Maybe it helps - though it's Studio 3.

BryceStudioRegistry.gif
    981 x 1200 - 76K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the help, guys :)

Yes, I did reboot! Re-installing Studio is simple - re-installing Bryce, not so much. I don't have the expertise to mess with the registry, so I'll let it be - maybe send in a support ticket and see what the devs can come up with:)

Bryce works fine, Studio works fine and never the twain shall meet on my machine!

Not that I really need them to - i don't do e-dolls much.

Was only wanting things to work as they should, but if they don't, it's not a train smash :)