Multiple Duplicate Smart Content Folders

That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
edited September 2014 in Carrara Discussion

This is odd and just suddenly started tonight, perhaps just before or after a crash. I had been trying out Genesis characters (I usually work with other models).

When I open the Smart Content library and open the folder Products, I used to get a simple list of A-B-C etc. Now I get 8 A's, 7 B's, 17 C's, and similar for the rest of the folders.

It appears to be roughly one row per actual item within that folder (I have 19 items under C, 7 under B).

The items will import fine.

Any ideas?

I tried restarting the computer, but that didn't help.

Any body seen this before? Is there an easy fix or just reinstall everything?

Mac OS 10.9
Carrara Pro 8.5 (64-bit)
Tons of content

Post edited by That Other Persona on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

I've seen that happen with a corrupt database. Have you set up your own categories or tags, or do you just have the metadata that comes with the products?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited December 1969

When I have a hiccup with the CMS I use DAZ Studio to reset the DB, and reimport the content as Studio has the tools to do this.

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

I've seen that happen with a corrupt database. Have you set up your own categories or tags, or do you just have the metadata that comes with the products?

I use whatever the DIM creates. I do have some models from other sites that I have linked to, but those are not in the Smart Content folder.

edited December 1969

I am on a Mac and have Time Machine running. Is there any way to just use Time Machine to revert to an earlier setting (say the day before) and restore it that way? If so, what folder do I need to work with?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

If you're just using the metadata that comes from DIM, then I would do as Chickenman says, in DS Content Library options menu > Content DB Maintenance > Reset Database, then Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata.

edited December 1969

If you're just using the metadata that comes from DIM, then I would do as Chickenman says, in DS Content Library options menu > Content DB Maintenance > Reset Database, then Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata.

It worked! Thanks Chickenman and fixmypcmike!

I have Daz installed but almost never use it, so I was hesitant.