Pivot Point export prob

after having  exported a prop with pivot point at the edge like a door

ue4 sets it back to the middle no matter what

changing the pivot point in unreal editor has no impact on blueprint rotation

it always rotates from the center

is there a way to keep the pivot point where it schould be: at the edge/corner ?

Comments

• I'm actually having trouble finding a door where the pivot isn't at center for testing.  A lot of them have the mesh pivot at center, then use a bone to offset them.  What you want to do is move the door in Daz Studio so the origin in the viewport is at the pivot point you want, then it should transfer over with the correct pivot.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

you probably need to parent the door to a helper object, I am not clever enough to do stuff with Blueprints but if you have an existing one you could parent it to whatever it turns and hide that

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

David Vodhanel said:

I'm actually having trouble finding a door where the pivot isn't at center for testing.  A lot of them have the mesh pivot at center, then use a bone to offset them.  What you want to do is move the door in Daz Studio so the origin in the viewport is at the pivot point you want, then it should transfer over with the correct pivot.

thats what i did

but unreal changes that back to the center

edited February 2021

you can also change the pivot point in unreal and safe it to pivot offset but as soon you use a rotator in blueprinting it will use it from the center

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • Does the door have a bone on it?

Are you exporting as Static Mesh or Skeletal Mesh?

no bone

static mesh

edited February 2021

found out myself how to do it

change the pivot point with joint editor

then set this pivot point of your object to daz world zero: this will do the trick

export

this way the pivot point will stay where you put it

add a rotator to your actor and enjoy

Post edited by Ruphuss on
  • Good to know.  Thanks for letting us know the solution.