bridge does not work anymore

bridge does not work anymore after updating through DIM and updating for newest nvidia drivers

reinstalling doesnt change it

unreal says: cannot find daz to unreal bridge

any help ?

Comments

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

What version of Unreal are you using ?

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

4.25 sometimes 4.26

the plugin does not show in unreal at all

everything was working fine till update from DIM and update to driver

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164
    edited January 2021

Same here after installing with daz central the plugin does not show up in Unreal 4.26 which the update was intended....

I also installed with install Manager and also does not show up in unreal.

UPDATE

in the daz central i had the correct directory mapped ( IE - Unreal 4.26 ) however the plug in did not go to the plugin folder - it went to the root folder I did not think it had to specificially map to the plugin folder.( because in the past it was not a problem and it got installed correctly ) so after moving the files to the correct folder it is now showing up in Unreal 4.26

OK after much confusion daz central shows a new version 4 which is supposed to be compatable with 4.26 but daz central is still installing the 4.25 version so I am not sure what is correct anymore - I am just going to buy the version on the unreal market place that currently supports 4.26 and let daz play catchup when and if they do

This is from the daz plugin update page: 

Daz to Unreal Update

• Environment Support
    • Fix Bone Rotations
    • Basic Support for Genesis 8.1
      • Basic PBRSkin Material
    • Fixed the morph list when exporting clothing items separate from the character. This is done by generating the morph list from the character down, rather than just from the clothing item.
    • Support for 4.26
    • View full list in FAQ
    • FAQ: 
    • 1. Environment Support -Daz to Unreal Environment Transfer
      2. Added a new animation blueprint to deal with conversion from Quaternion to Euler rotations.
      3. Fix Bone Rotations -Daz to 4. Unreal Fix Bone Rotations
      5. Basic Support for Genesis 8.1
      6. Basic PBRSkin Material
      7. Fixed the morph list when exporting clothing items separate from the character. This is done by generating the morph list from the character down, rather than just from the clothing item.
      8. Support for 4.26
      9. Fix morph preset in Daz Exporter
      10. Allow morph curves to be exported in animations
    Post edited by davegv on

The plugin in Daz central is meant for Unreal 4.25. It doesn't work with 4.26 (yet).

edited January 2021

Tsuba said:

The plugin in Daz central is meant for Unreal 4.25. It doesn't work with 4.26 (yet).

It was just updated and says now works with 4.26  refer to my above post

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

just thought i would throw in the update i am installing from install manager and daz central is dated jan 28 so i am assumng it is the update?

• DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170

davegv said:

just thought i would throw in the update i am installing from install manager and daz central is dated jan 28 so i am assumng it is the update?

Unfortunately, it is still 4.25 only we will get it updated as soon as we can. That information was added by mistake. 

Yeah, it just came out but it's still for the previous version. frown
    I'm following the daz video on how to do it step by step, and some steps are just deliberately missing.

At 1:20 : No DaztoUnreal plugin in my list, using UE 4.26.
    Are they just not telling us that you actually have to buy the other half of their free product for $40 ? Because they made their whole empasis on it being free. Sure, it's free to export, just not to import.
    Or did they just forget to include something with their product ? Is it simply the wrong version ? I mean if they already lied about that, what's next ? In any case, I'm not pulling out my wallet until I get a straight answer.

edited January 2021

DAZ_sam said:

davegv said:

Unfortunately, it is still 4.25 only we will get it updated as soon as we can. That information was added by mistake. 

My reply:

well, I just simply bought the updated one on unreal market place that works with 4.26 ( and it works extremly well and has some features that daz is missing or is going to update? ) so i can assume my work and David V ( The developer ) keeps it up to date much faster than Daz, I mean 4.26 has been out for almost 90 days.. December 3. ...And David V's support is beyond helpful.. so while it may be free at Daz, Free is not always better..... Good luck to all and stay safe. 

Post edited by davegv on
  • But still the 4.25 doesn't show up the daz to unreal
  • i can't import either in the unreal 4.25 . i just moved the plugin to the plugin folder from the front folder and when i import my character, it says the "The importer did not find any vertices weighted to the skeleton. Skeletal Meshes are required to have at least one vertex weighted to the skeleton." and others error and the meshes were gone! only the pants are in my unreal engine hahaha

DAZ_sam said:

davegv said:

so pls why no answer to the question about bridge not showing at all after the update through DIM ?

everything was fine before

I'm guessing they're working on it so it works with all versions (of Daz and UE). In the meantime it works with none of them. Patience.

• DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170
    edited January 2021

@Tsuba
    Thank you for being patient with us. It is still not a simple way of installing but, I have added steps on how to install 4.26 version manually hope this helps. 
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/469556/daz-to-unreal-update-4-0#latest
    @renousuzuka @Ruphuss
    Sorry about that. Take a look now, it has been updated with a new version on DIM. You should be able to install the plugin now.
    If this is the error you are seeing it actually apart of some great work David did to allow animations to be created in Unreal but, it doesn't work with Daz Animations anymore if you turn it on for more info check this out. 
    http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-fix-bone-rotations-option/

This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh. 

Post edited by DAZ_sam on
    edited January 2021

just tried some prop exporting amd it is working 

thank you

at least this forum got some live for a short time

now pls make a good new video about the plugin

with everything really working and nicely spoken even for not native english speakers

Post edited by Ruphuss on

Works like a charm ! Thanks for your hard work, guys ! 
    heart

exporting works but not packaging and thats a gamestopper

• JohannaJohanna Posts: 119

Ruphuss said:

just tried some prop exporting amd it is working 

thank you

at least this forum got some live for a short time

now pls make a good new video about the plugin

with everything really working and nicely spoken even for not native english speakers

THAT!  :D