Daz3D to Unreal Engine 4.26 Issue with Genesis 8

Hi All -

I'm getting the result you see in the attached pic when using the daz to Unreal Plugin to send my Genesis 8 Female to Unreal Engine 4.26.

Any ideas on what is causing this / how to fix this?

Thanks!
Nuno

Capture.PNG
1063 x 777 - 2M

Comments

• TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

Where did you get the Daz to Unreal 4.26 plugin ?

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164
    edited January 2021

Tsuba said:

My Real Question is how in the worl did you get the 4.26 update to work at all unless you are useing the one from unreal marketplace?

The update:

1. Environment Support -Daz to Unreal Environment Transfer
    2. Added a new animation blueprint to deal with conversion from Quaternion to Euler rotations.
    3. Fix Bone Rotations -Daz to 4. Unreal Fix Bone Rotations
    5. Basic Support for Genesis 8.1
    6. Basic PBRSkin Material
    7. Fixed the morph list when exporting clothing items separate from the character. This is done by generating the morph list from the character down, rather than just from the clothing item.
    8. Support for 4.26
    9. Fix morph preset in Daz Exporter
    10. Allow morph curves to be exported in animations

Post edited by davegv on
    edited January 2021

davegv said:

Tsuba said:

My Real Question is how in the worl did you get the 4.26 update to work at all unless you are useing the one from unreal marketplace?

I never said I got it to work. laugh 
    I tried the free one from Daz, which doesn't work with 4.26. Then I tried the link from David Vodhanel.
    Here : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6444631

But I have no idea what to do with that.

Now I'm waiting for more feeback on that, to see if I get it anyway, or an update on the Daz one, which would be ideal.

Post edited by Tsuba on
  • DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170

Unfortunately, we have not been able to release 4.26 yet on our end! Thank you for everyone being so patient. That info was added by mistake our apologies. We will get it added ASAP! 

• That almost looks like a second character is in there.  Is there maybe a wierd geosheel or something on that character?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited January 2021

no consolation to others but I simply went back to my old way of doing it for 4.26, using iClone 3Dxchange

the main thing I think is to rename the duplicate nodes which I think you can do in DAZ Studio too so Unreal can load the FBX file

from there you need a saved bonemapping file imported into your project and a pose file, you can worse case senario do it all manually

and change retargetting from animation to skeleton recusively except for hip and abdomen

choose humanoid for your import and the manequin

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

DAZ_sam said:

Unfortunately, we have not been able to release 4.26 yet on our end! Thank you for everyone being so patient. That info was added by mistake our apologies. We will get it added ASAP! 

Thank you, at last some clarity. I'll wait patiently then.  cheeky

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

no consolation to others but I simply went back to my old way of doing it for 4.26, using iClone 3Dxchange

the main thing I think is to rename the duplicate nodes which I think you can do in DAZ Studio too so Unreal can load the FBX file

from there you need a saved bonemapping file imported into your project and a pose file, you can worse case senario do it all manually

and change retargetting from animation to skeleton recusively except for hip and abdomen

choose humanoid for your import and the manequin

I need HELP with the retargeting - I found this article with manual mapping for a Genesis 8 character BUT it's not doing it for me (looks like a jumpy monkey) :

https://medium.com/@DustinMi/animating-daz3d-characters-with-epic-animations-d8f977dffa64

Would you mind sharing a bonemapping file that works for a Genesis 8 character? How does it work with any DAZ character... they can have different bone structures, right!?!?

Also, should I set both upper and lower abdomen to "animation" in the translation retargeting pane?

@WendyLuvsCatz => Why are you using 3DXChange? I'm a newb, would you kindly explain your current workflow?

Thanks so much everyone!

•  

David Vodhanel said:

That almost looks like a second character is in there.  Is there maybe a wierd geosheel or something on that character?

Using this character I bought from Daz marketplace:

https://www.daz3d.com/charlene-character-hair--clothing-bundle

Dressed her up in Daz and used Bridges to send her to Unreal Engine.

Hope it helps!

Thanks.

• Might depend on the clothing you used.  Also, did you use the body tatoos with the character?

The skeleton that comes with the plugin already has the retargeting setup on it.