Objects missing: Night and Day City by Philw

zimzoomazimzooma Posts: 14
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hello.
I bought Night and Day city and let the DAZ installer install it. I can use finder to browse the content which is inside of the Carrara package but it is not showing up inside the Carrara browser. I tried "add folder" but you can't direct it to inside of a package. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carrara Pro 8.5
OS X 10.9.2

Comments

• zimzoomazimzooma Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I ended up moving the files to a new directory at the same level as the package. Then I was able to use "add folder". Nice buildings.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

zimzooma said:
    Hello.
    I bought Night and Day city and let the DAZ installer install it. I can use finder to browse the content which is inside of the Carrara package but it is not showing up inside the Carrara browser. I tried "add folder" but you can't direct it to inside of a package. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carrara Pro 8.5
    OS X 10.9.2

To get around this annoyance that's been in Carrara for as long as I can remember (probably since before DAZ owned it), I right-click (Control-click) the application package and choose, Show Package contents. I then open the Contents folder. From here, you can make an alias of the Mac OS folder and stick it where you want it outside of the package folder, or you can open the Mac OS folder and make aliases of whatever folder you need access to, such as, Scenes, Presets, etc. Just make sure you place them outside the package.

Now, when you need to add a folder, you can choose the Add Folder option from the menu in the Browser, navigate to the alias, select the alias and it should show the folders within the application folder.

Picture_4.png
    859 x 647 - 101K
    Picture_3.png
    620 x 441 - 59K
    Picture_2.png
    614 x 424 - 40K
    Picture_1.png
    281 x 397 - 64K
    edited September 2014

zimzooma said:
    I ended up moving the files to a new directory at the same level as the package. Then I was able to use "add folder". Nice buildings.

That also works, but it has the disadvantage in that it sounds easier, and as we all know, if it's good, it's worth working for! ;-) :lol:

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • zimzoomazimzooma Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

An alias. Wonderful.

edited December 1969

Works great for adding things that absolutely have to be in the application package such as custom leaves and plugins.