Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 8

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859
    edited November 2014

@ Horo - thank you, and wow! ...the plants blended perfectly with the backdrop, very nicely done :)

Post edited by Tim82 on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

My latest idea... It doesn't exist (yet), but there's hope.

Label designed in Adobe Illustrator, model pack made in Wings 3D and UV mapped in Wings.
    Rendered in Bryce (of course)/

Sherbet.jpg
    650 x 650 - 356K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,395
    edited November 2014

Thanks Jay, Guss and Horo

Tim- the statue render is nice

Horo – awesome animation and love the Small World render, the flowers are awesome. I could not find Lisa’s Botanicals in the store, is it no longer available? I have a small credit in the store maybe I can afford it, presently I can’t afford any of yours and David’s cool stuff. :(

Dave- nice sherbet model I hope there is a chocolate flavor too.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,545
    edited November 2014

@Tim - thank you.

@Dave - you're really the master of those things. Looks amazing.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Lisa quit DAZ 3D and vends at the shop some previous DAZ staff opened (http://hivewire3d.com/shop/shop-by-artist/lisas-botanicals.html). There are several that changed. I had bought several of her products when they were available here at DAZ 3D.

Post edited by Horo on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Mermaid, anaglyphs worked very well, the top one in particular for me - possibly this is down to the exact shade of red/cyan glasses I happen to have.

Electro-elvis, model and render looks good. 10 hours for this is understandable rendering figures is hard work to do so well in Bryce.

Tim - photoreal, just a lack of certain imperfections (which ironically a photographer would take great pains to avoid) is all that gives his away as not a photo.

Horo, blended perfectly, very difficult to pick out the transition in spite of knowing it is there.

Dave, super work as ever - is this your dream or a prediction?

My experiments with synthetic HDRI continue and make Horo "a bit afraid" - since I've just lumbered him with the job of looking over my somewhat scattergun output. Here are some test scenes which I have used to preview some of the HDRI currently being experimented with.

P65_test_scene4.jpg
    654 x 850 - 412K
    P65_test_scene3.jpg
    654 x 850 - 273K
    P65_test_scene2.jpg
    654 x 850 - 263K
    P65_test_scene1.jpg
    654 x 850 - 336K
    edited November 2014

Thanks all.... Though it would help if I could spell Liquorice correctly. :roll: :red:

David: It's kind of both at the moment... I just have to convince them there'd be enough demand for it. :cheese:

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks all.... Though it would help if I could spell Liquorice correctly. :roll: :red:

David: It's kind of both at the moment... I just have to convince them there'd be enough demand for it. :cheese:

Who can spel licquirice correctly? Don't ask me. Me and spelling have never got on.

edited December 1969

Horo said:

@mermaid010 - thank you. Lisa quit DAZ 3D and vends at the shop some previous DAZ staff opened (http://hivewire3d.com/shop/shop-by-artist/lisas-botanicals.html). There are several that changed. I had bought several of her products when they were available here at DAZ 3D.

Thanks for the info Horo. I will hold on to my credit till one of your products are affordable. :-)

David- Thanks

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Flowers are beautiful, image is really nice. I tried looking at your animated anaglyph using two different browsers but nothing displayed on the Quicktime screen. Motion was taking place according to the dot below the main window, just nothing showed.

@Tim Bateman: Really nice statue and base.

@Dave: Nice objects and mapping, though what they are escapes me.

@David: Test results are nice looking.

edited December 2014

@Jamie -thank you. Strange that the motion runs but no image. You can try using VLC using this link [http://www.horo.ch/raytracing/gal/ani/a0682.mov]

EDIT - changed to a Flash.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2014

Guss - regarding Horo's animated anaglyph, I had problems viewing it in Firefox but it opened without problems in Internet Explorer

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

Traditional English confectionery Guss...
    The original Sherbet Fountain has been around for decades and is a tube of sherbet with a stick of liquorice to dip in it.

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited December 1969

A well known island 80 years later....

Wall build in sketchup...

skullislandbb.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 101K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Guss...and as any serious sherbeter will experience, sometimes when putting too much of the sherbet into your mouth the powder sometimes gets sucked in before you taste it, which causes you to cough slightly...but in a nice way....mmmmm ;)

@tlantis...nice...I'm presuming it's the wall to keep King Kong in. Never saw the original, and thought the Bridges/Lange one was good, but the Peter Jackson directed one was just waaaayyy tooooo long.

Jay

edited December 1969

@Jamie - I have converted the movie to Flash, it's now only 2.2 MB.

@tlantis - looking great.

edited December 1969

I was given my granddads watch a few days ago, that was the inspiration for this render :)

Pocket_Watch_1.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 146K
    edited December 1969

I thought i would share this also, i don't know why I did this...I think I did it because the model looked interesting :)

Metal_and_glass_buda.jpg
    500 x 563 - 75K
    edited December 1969

Atlantis – lovely image.

Tim – nice render reminds me of one that I have too, belonged to my father. The statue render is also nice.

Apophysis fractals rendered in Bryce

apop013.jpg
    600 x 600 - 57K
    apop012.jpg
    600 x 600 - 50K
    edited December 1969

@ Mermaid - thank you :) ...and wow! ...those renders look awesome! ...great job!!! :)

edited December 1969

@Dave/Jay: Had to Google Sherbet Fountain in order to fully understand what it is. I was thinking of frozen sherbet, but see it's a powder, something like the powder of Pixie Sticks. I'll have to keep an eye open for it when I'm where it might be sold.

@tlantis: Neat image, wall is nice looking.

@Horo: Ah, what a neat animation. Animating that object sure gives it more definition.

@Tim Bateman: Watch is wonderful, as it the statue.

@mermaid: Those fractals are great looking. I see a rider on a winged horse in the first one, and a turkey or peacock in the second one. Love the colors in both.

Took a break from trying to build a house in Hexagon, actually fixing problems right now, to give David's new Wings 3D objects a try. Below are two renders of the one with the grid work. Last image is another prop challenge from the other site I visit, prop made by one of the members.

Snowman_challenge_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Grid_Torus_5.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Grid_Torus_4.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    edited December 1969

@Tim - watch is amazing, like a photograph. Statue is very nice, looks like a long render.

@mermaid010 - beautiful, the first looks like a bird. I haven't figured out yet how to export Apophysis fractals as 3D objects - but I haven't used it for quite a while.

@Jamie - knots look great. Give the snowman a burning match and you have an entry for the challenge. Thanks for checking the Flash animation.

edited December 1969

Thanks Tim, Guss and Horo for your comments

Guss- the Wings 3D objects came out nice. Love the snowman, did he come all dressed up, really cool.

Horo – I also don’t know how to export an Apophysis fractal as a 3D object. I use the image on as a height map on a lattice and the same image as material. IMHO Apophysis fractals render better in Bryce than JWildfire I've been playing with fractals when I needed a break from my interior scene.

edited December 1969

Horo - I also don't know how to export an Apophysis fractal as a 3D object. I use the image on as a height map on a lattice and the same image as material.

And I have to be told this ... :red:
    edited December 1969

@Horo: Thank you. Two things about giving matches to snowmen: 1) fire melts snow, 2) how would he hold it? ;-)

@mermaid: Thanks. Yes, the person who made the snowman put hat, scarf, and coat on the snowman. Nose, eyes, and buttons too. The results you got using Apophysis makes me want to give it a try. Sometime.

edited December 1969

@ Guss - nice job with the wings 3d shapes, and i love the little snow man....that looks really good....great work :)

@ Horo - thank you :) ....and no it wasn't a very long render at all, 32 minute's at 64 ray's per pixel. max ray depth at 12, and TIR at 4 :)

edited December 2014

@Tim Bateman: Thank you very much.

Below are images of my results of following David's second new Wings tutorial. The material on the third image, it's supposed to be the third image, is the same on both segments. The outer segment is the untweaked material while the material on the inner segment was tweaked with the transformation tools.

Knot_Torus_3.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Knot_Torus_2.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Knot_Torus_1.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 2014

GussNemo said:

@mermaid: Thanks. Yes, the person who made the snowman put hat, scarf, and coat on the snowman. Nose, eyes, and buttons too. The results you got using Apophysis makes me want to give it a try. Sometime.

It's nice to have just a cool model to work with . You should try Apophysis it's the type of program we can afford "free". Although the fractals generated in JWildfire are more awesome, the ones made with Apophysis render better in Bryce.

The new Wings 3D objects are very nicely done.

edited December 1969

@mermaid: Thank you. Yes, free is very affordable, it's why I keep an eye peeled all the time. I downloaded Apophysis some time ago but never installed it. After seeing what you've done with it, it might be time to give it a try. I have JWildfire but found it a bit confusing to use.

edited December 1969

@Jamie - food work on the objects.

@mermaid010 - thanks for reminding me of Apophysis.

I used Apophysis, but made HDRIs, which was quite a challenge. And then I discovered that I also have Structure Syntesizer. So here are two test renders with a Structure Synth object lit by the HDRIs I made, which also provide the backdrop.

ssd-11.jpg
    800 x 600 - 83K
    ssd-02.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
    edited December 1969

@ Horo - wow! ...very interesting scene's :) ....i love the color's, great work :)

This discussion has been closed.