Daz to Unreal Bridge - Meet the Team

2»

Comments

• ViallyVially Posts: 343

Inviite is invalid

• I just tried generating a new permanent link and it gave me the same link.  Can you try again?  Maybe there was a Discord issue.  https://discord.gg/tVcDBMF

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

link works for me

• How to install thia in Daz Studio?

• I would get it off Github and follow these instructions: https://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-manually-updating/

• bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47

Really hope we get to see what DAZ has been working on with the Epic Grant sometime soon!

• Well Unreal engine 5 is official out! Lets see how many time it will take for an update...

•  When will it be released  DAZ TO UE5

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Has anyone gotten this to work with UE5.02?

• danielbui78danielbui78 Posts: 333

Tugpsx said:

Has anyone gotten this to work with UE5.02?

Yes, the latest bridge will work with UE5.02, but you must follow the instructions here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/574891/official-daztounreal-bridge-what-s-new-and-how-to-use-it

Specifically, you need to follow steps 1-5.  Note: I am working on a new version with an embedded unreal plugin installer, so these instructions will be changing soon (and hopefully be much easier).

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Thanks, this version works great.

• pasnoc_19191c30f0pasnoc_19191c30f0 Posts: 17
    edited October 2022

Hello

I'm just starting experimenting with this.. Couple of things I noticed..
    - Why is the character rotated 90° in UE5, when it's properly oriented in 4.27?

- The ARKit morphs work fine in 4.26, but only a few are connected in UE5 (although the curve debug shows them all) Strangely it's still the case when you migrate the properly functionning setup from a 4.27 to a 5.0.3 project..

EDIT : My bad for the second question, I missed one checkbox (It's a bit convoluted TBH)

Post edited by pasnoc_19191c30f0 on
  • Hello - I have purchased several assets from the Daz 3D store along with their respective interactive licenses for a game project I have hired some developers to make for me. I cannot find how to import the assets into Unreal Engine 5 so my game development team, implement, program, and animate them as needed. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction so my devs can start making progress with the actual assets?

Thank you!

• VoidOVoidO Posts: 47

... waiting for Daz to Unreal 5.1

The D2U 5.0 doesn't work in UE5.1

• Kyan001Kyan001 Posts: 75
    edited October 2023

Unreal 5.3 native on linux, DAZ through WINE, no way to MANUALLY IMPORT exported .dtu and .fbx.
    It's a shame there is no way to manually import them from unreal.

And even if you select *EVERYTHING* from the DazToUnreal options to export, it won't NEVER export the textures. 

What a shame.

Post edited by Kyan001 on
  • I would love some tutorials that take a deeper dive into the plugin.  Especially exporting environments, animations, lights and cameras.  Please consider takeing some time to do that or at least point me toward written documentation for the above mentioned.  

Thanks