Genesis Nano Suit Issue

nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am getting a white render where the glass for the visor should be.

I searched the forum but can't find nothing on this issue. It seems I might be the only one with this issue?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,388
    edited December 1969

Can you post a screenshot please

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It may be that the specular is too high, or that you need Raytrace Bounces set higher in your render settings.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

Here's a test render. I raised my Max Ray Trace Depth to 4 and still the same.

The Nano Suit seems to be using its own shaders. I have included a screen shot of the shader used on the visor. The photon material settings has matte, chrome, water, glass, & transparent. It defaults to transparent. I have set it to glass and I still get the same white render.

Nano-Suit-White-Glass.jpg
    900 x 900 - 302K
    nano-Suit-Glass-Shader.jpg
    505 x 486 - 49K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

try reducing the opacity (white is solid, black is seethrough... set opacity colour to a grey and it should be semi-transparent)

edited September 2014

Jabba101 said:
    try reducing the opacity (white is solid, black is seethrough... set opacity colour to a grey and it should be semi-transparent)

I tried that, too. If I do that I get nothing, as if there is no glass for the visor.

If I remember correctly, I think I did a few test renders when I first got the suit and it was working, but that was several DAZ Studio versions back.

I am wondering now if the latest DAZ Studio version is the culprit, incompatibility maybe with the custom shader? Can someone with the suit and the latest version of DAZ Studio render a test and post it?

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

This may be a dumb question, but is there anything in front of your character to be reflected onto the glass itself? I've had this issue before where if there's no scenery to be reflected, the object comes out white (usually eyes set to use a natural reflection rather than reflection maps).

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Midnight Stories fix is HERE.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Thanks tjohn I glad somebody spotted my post tomorring not sure why this thread was necessary but link is below!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/naxtgf4egbjwtmf/Clear-Glass.zip?dl=0

Ok I’ve had a few requests for this a Clear glass preset for the helmet.
    Just unzip to your Daz Studio content folder.
    And a new folder under Materials called Glass will have the preset in it.

Sorry for not answering e-mails, super busy at the moment.

edited September 2014

...not sure why this thread was necessary but link is below!

Because I PMed you a long time before and I got no answer. I PMed you again after I started this thread when I realized that no one in the forum was going to be able to help with the glass issue. I thought maybe I was overlooking something.

Also, I noticed that you used the default shader this time for the fix instead of the custom shader that you originally used. Correct me if I am wrong.

Your custom shader looks so much better.

edited September 2014

Well there must be a mix up somewhere your e-mail is why I put up the thread with the fix and for some reason you haven't got my reply I sent. No one fault no harm done glad it's working now !

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
    edited September 2014

Well there must be a mix up somewhere your e-mail is why I put up the thread with the fix and for some reason you haven't got my reply I sent. No one fault no harm done glad it's working now !

I got your PM-reply to the PM I sent you last night (private message on this forum; emails are sent as a notice) with the link to your thread. I didn't reply to your PM because I decided to do it here after you wondered why I had started this thread. I explained that. I am not faulting anyone.

In my PM to you last night I gave the link to this thread. You could have posted the fix in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Can you comment on the custom shader? Are my assumptions correct? If yes, are you going to fix that shader in the future?

edited September 2014

Well I put my hand up I must not have read it properly so totally my fault sorry.
    This was ment to work with DS4.0 that's how old this one is. It was made before there
    were DUF files. So I'm think that's why the glass shader didn't work they were too old to work.
    I thought DAZ had updated them but guess not. So I will have to do a total update one day
    and convert it over to the new format. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and it's not
    just work I'm talking about. If you have the G2Male Nano suit all the mats for that will work with
    the genesis version.

I better check yes here's a render.
    Again my apologies for not reading you e-mail properly.

Nano-Mats.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 286K
    edited September 2014

Custom shader's seem to be working fine.
    Hex1-Black applied

Nano-Mats2.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 309K
    edited September 2014

Custom shader's seem to be working fine.
    Hex1-Black applied

I just tried that, no go for me. How are you applying it? I select the entire suit and then apply it and it does nothing for the visor and I get the white render. If I select the glass material and apply it, well it looks like the suit. I get the Hex-AO.jpg applied to the bump channel.

edited December 1969

I'm stumped I just did what you did and it worked fine I think another guy used it also and he didn't say either way.
    I'll try a shader preset and not a material preset. Give me a few minutes and I'll get the you the link !

edited September 2014

I'm stumped I just did what you did and it worked fine I think another guy used it also and he didn't say either way.
    I'll try a shader preset and not a material preset. Give me a few minutes and I'll get the you the link !

Prior to me PMing you the first time I did uninstall the Nano Suit and re-downloaded it again and re-installed it (the date on my re-downloaded file is Sep. 18th, 2014). I use DIM. All the files seem to be there and I have no other issues with the suit. I also have the latest DAZ Studio 64-bit version installed.

edited September 2014

OK this is all I can do now, I added a Clear-Glass-Shader.duf
    to the shader directory select the glass mat and apply the shader if that doesn't work then
    you may need to take a ticket out as It seems to be something at your end. At the very least
    it should change the glass or throw up an error to help with what's going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8dhjhvqzjmsoejb/AAAgu-jzCSaGwY_lmo7Hyi0Qa?dl=0

it could be a DIMs problem!

edited September 2014

I cleared out my log file and reloaded the Nano Suit over Genesis and did a test render. I got the following in my log:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5469): Unsupported formula: /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5288): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5469): Unsupported formula: /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5288): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5288): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5288): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Midnight_stories/Nano-Suit/Nano-Suit-HR/Namo-Suit-HR.dsf#Namo-Suit-HR
    File loaded in 0 min 1.8 sec.
    Loaded file: Nano-Suit-HR.dsf
    Compiled C:/Users/[User]/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/shaders/brickyard/{ffbf9ffd-a357-4664-a80d-1380404949dd}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Rendering image
    Finished Rendering
    edited December 1969

Nope that's way over my head, you'll have to put a ticket in for that one.
    I don't have access to the DIMs version so it could be that.
    But I've sold well over 1000 of them and this is the first I've seen this error.
    It may just be a corrupt file. Sorry haven't be much help :(

edited December 1969

But I've sold well over 1000 of them and this is the first I've seen this error.

Well, your first fix works well, would be nice to use the custom shader, but it isn't going to hamper my use of the suit.

I, also, think that those errors have nothing to do with the shader not working for me. I read this from Richard H.:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/10736/

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

edited December 1969

The only other idea I've got is you resave the suit new
    just call it another name SuitHD2 or something like that.
    It may right things?

edited December 1969

The only other idea I've got is you resave the suit new
    just call it another name SuitHD2 or something like that.
    It may right things?

I'll try that, I am going to uninstall my DAZ Studio and redownload it again. And see if that helps.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Could it have something to do with the misspelling in there? Namo-Suit-HR, rather than Nano-Suit-HR?

Just a guess.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Could it have something to do with the misspelling in there? Namo-Suit-HR, rather than Nano-Suit-HR?

I don't think that's the problem since those warning messages have been around for years and no one seems to be raising the issue of the custom shader not working. It seems to be only me, but my DAZ Studio works fine with everything else (minus the known bugs).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/145124/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/622819/

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    DanaTA said:

I don't think that's the problem since those warning messages have been around for years and no one seems to be raising the issue of the custom shader not working. It seems to be only me, but my DAZ Studio works fine with everything else (minus the known bugs).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/145124/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/622819/

Oh, well. Just trying to help. It looked like one of those things that is easily overlooked, but I always seem to spot them.

Dana