Physics in Carrara 8.5

RodB2RodB2 Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi Guys. This is my first post here. Can anyone tell me where the "simulate physics tool" is in 8.5. I have no problem with this in C8. See attached screen shots

C8_5_cap2.PNG
639 x 428 - 48K
C8_5_cap1.PNG
1146 x 748 - 147K

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Hmmm.... Do you have Carrara standard or Pro? I'm noticing some other missing icons as well.

edited September 2014

The reason I ask if you have the Pro version is because of the missing icons in my screen shorts. I have C7.2 Pro, so they may have been moved, but I doubt it from screen shots that have been posted by users of C8.5 Pro. The icon to run a physics simulation is the one on the far left. The others are for modeling in the Assembly room (center right) and the 3D paint tool (far right). I believe those are all Pro features.

Picture_3.png
    153 x 69 - 12K
    Picture_2.png
    1028 x 813 - 189K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • RodB2RodB2 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply, EP. All indications are that I do or should have C8.5 PRO. I paid for PRO, I have a 8.5PRO icon on my desktop, the splash screen indicates PRO version and my serial# seems to be the PRO version.

edited December 1969

RodB2 said:
    Thanks for your reply, EP. All indications are that I do or should have C8.5 PRO. I paid for PRO, I have a 8.5PRO icon on my desktop, the splash screen indicates PRO version and my serial# seems to be the PRO version.

Well, either the controls were moved or the little menu became un-docked somehow. Can you reset the application's default display?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,349
    edited September 2014

Hello RodB2 & EP

I have 8.5 Pro and my Icons are in the same position as EP (ICON highlighted in yellow courtesy Paint.NET)
    Looks like the 4 icons that should be in that area are missing in action !!!!!

Is your computer 32 bit or 64 bit ?
    There seems to be a few comments about that elsewhere.

Regards Bunyip

EDIT (Forgot to also point out that I have Inagoni's plugins so there are a few extra icons in the main section that you might not have as whats shown on my screenshot - still got to learn how to use everything !!!!!!!)

Simulate_Physics_-_yellow_highlighted_Icon.png
    1237 x 739 - 164K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Right clic on a free space of the toolbar and check everything...

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    for Carrara 8, but possibly a little help.

http://carraracafe.com/downloads/?did=32

rk.

• RodB2RodB2 Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

DUDU_00001, problem solved. I didn't have 3D tools selected. Don't remember deselecting them though.

edited December 1969

Hi RodB2,

glad you got it to work.