being able to navigate while menu is open

When the menu I'm developing is open G8 or the scene in general cannot be moved, On the Ultimate pose Master there is code to enable the user to be able to navigate while the menu is open, can anyone help me to put this code in my script, another person had written the code for me , I am not a code writer so if it can be explained simply to me maybe I'd be able to enter any code in the right area to give my menu the same ability, I've included an image of the menu command-thank you for any help

2021-02-04_001548.png
1603 x 1630 - 682K

Comments

• Dialogue box, not menu - though scripts in general are modal (they block the rest of the application) even if yhe don't have a UI.

How much are you wanting to be able to do? Adding a few controllers is easy - if you have the node (figure, bone, camera) as an item in the script you just need

oXPos = oNode.getXPosControl();

to get the cotnroller, you can then use

oXVal = oXPose.getValue();

to get the current setting and

oXPose.setValue( number );

to give it a new value. Obviously uou also need to add widgets to the dialogue to handle setting the values.

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

I believe the camera controls in Ultimate Pose Master are based on this free script, which you are welcome to use or modify to suit your purpose:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/85971/a-script-to-orbit-camera-around-a-point

P.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,175

thanks for the replies, Richard or P can I get some direction as where to put the code, i placed it at the bottom of my script, i was thinking it will add what it does to my dialogue box but it only opened when i closed my dialogue box, also there is alot of code and words in the script, need I place all of them within my script or only a portion?

also when i place the whole script at the start of mine it has the oppositte effect first the move box opens then when closed my script opens and each time in between i get the message shown in the image

forgot the image-thanks

2021-02-07_112450.png
    1390 x 892 - 230K
  • If you want to trigger an event while the dialogue is open you need to get into signals and slots - you have to add a control to the dialogue, then add a function to handle what happens when the button is clicked (adjust the transform), and link the function to the clicking of the control. I don'tt hink there's a sample script handling this but there is a general overview here http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/language_reference/signals_slots/start

i cant figure that out (of course), too deep for me, have very little knowledge of scripting

but let me change tracks here

there is a way to load items and delete them through the content library icons-no need to select the item-it done with a reset button-i would be interested in having this type of scene because now my scene sizess are  huge-as the scene has to contain every item to be turned on or off from the scene tab via the dialogue box-but the other way you can simply have the g8 in the scene and anytime a new itemis desired there is a reset button to take away the old item then the new item can be brought in, i saw this first with universal hair (free hair on rendorosity for g8) there is more than one section also back hair, front hair etc.   if no one is familiar with this type i will try to make video or imaghes but right now file will not attach at my end, but if anyone is familiar with this , please let me know if there is a way a scripting dummy like me may be abe to acheive this

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

vshyman002_5e5365036b said:

thanks for the replies, Richard or P can I get some direction as where to put the code, i placed it at the bottom of my script, i was thinking it will add what it does to my dialogue box but it only opened when i closed my dialogue box, also there is alot of code and words in the script, need I place all of them within my script or only a portion?

also when i place the whole script at the start of mine it has the oppositte effect first the move box opens then when closed my script opens and each time in between i get the message shown in the image

You are executing 2 independent dialogs, one after the other.  The message is being shown by my dialog for information purposes, as described in the first post in the thread I linked to above.

My script builds its own dialog, so that it can be used as a stand-alone demonstrator of the camera-management code.  You would need to merge my script and your script so that they share the same single dialog.  That is quite a simple thing to do if you are familiar with DAZ Script, but is not easily described to someone who has never scripted a dialog in DAZ Script.   The person who wrote your script should be able merge my script into yours quite easily.

• The Content Manager can be used to find and load content, though it has to be told which content to load in some way (predefined or by user picking from some kindof list).