Australian Outback Environment Pack [Commercial]

acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
edited February 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

So I have been working on creating an Australian Outback Environment Pack.

Included are props to create the desert-like look of the Australian Outback Environment. Also included with the back will be a Cessna aircraft vehicle fully animatable.

Outback1_nvidia.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 801K
Outback2_nvidia.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 760K
Outback3_nvidia.jpg
1200 x 750 - 637K
Outback4_nvidia.jpg
1200 x 750 - 189K
Outback5_nvidia.jpg
1200 x 750 - 478K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Still working on creating a few more props for different scene creation.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Looking at the thermometer and the scene outside my window, those images are describing the heaven...

• Yea I have atleast 4 feet of snow outside right now. :D

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

I'll buy that!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Great idea. But that terrain map looks low resolution, and that would be a dealbreaker for me.

• xyer0 said:

Great idea. But that terrain map looks low resolution, and that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Well the terrain map is at 4096 X 4096 but I completely understand you and I might have to re-do the ground map resolution to something better. maybe go as high as 8000 

• So this render has the ground plane at 8192 X 8192 resolution. 

new res_nvidia.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 894K
  • And here is the same scene rendered out but the only difference is that I scaled down the main ground plane to be half the normal size.

new res2_nvidia.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 842K
  • Looks fantastic. One question: is Uluru just a background/HDRI or a prop/modelled part?

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited February 2021

Uluru is a modeled prop. you get 2 different types of Uluru mountains to use. Everything you see in the images are 3D objects that can be placed around for scene creation.

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • GREAT laugh. Can't wait to play around with the lighting. Been there in 2013, seeing both sunrise and sunset on Uluru. You won't forget that once you have seen that.

• The set looks amazing, but i would use the 8192 X 8192 version, because it looks much better. It would also be great if you could add an optional map with a lake or a river.

• Could you not make the ground texture tileable? (That way the end-user could increase the resolution (within reason) for closer to the ground shots by tiling it). 4k tiled 2-4 times would be fine (or 8k tiled a couple of times) and the repetition wouldn't be noticeable if rendered like in your examples. (any more and the scale would start to look off, I think).

• So I will have a separate map that will not be tiled as seen here in this render. That way you can have both options. I will also model a river and bank to go with the set.  

set_nvidia.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 823K
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303

acharyapolina said:

So I will have a separate map that will not be tiled as seen here in this render. That way you can have both options. I will also model a river and bank to go with the set.  

Thank you for addressing this! Sorting out the ground textures will certainly provide SO MUCH more value to the scene, rather than just distant sunset shots of the horizon line.:)  I appreciate your being open to suggestions and trying to accomodate us.  I plan on buying it!

• acharyapolina said:

Uluru is a modeled prop. you get 2 different types of Uluru mountains to use. Everything you see in the images are 3D objects that can be placed around for scene creation.

I am going to kit bash such a mighty post-apocalyptic fortress on top of Ularu! XD

• Ok so here is the Riverbank prop. it will be in 2 parts so you can make your river as large or as small as you like.

river_nvidia-1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 328K
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

So, it got finally released now. 

The props are looking really nice. The two sepearte land props makes it easy to not only model a riverbank, but also a dirt track. The ground textures are working really well.

What I am missing a bit are complete sceneries (e.g. at least two or three from the promo renders). Also, it would have been nice to add a pose set for the props to scale to correct (Uluru) size. At the current scaling, the rock has about the same size as the Cessna plane, and is much smaller than the average tree.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 916
    edited March 2021

Does anyone know if the Cessna interior is rigged (e.g. seats, controls etc.)? Also is there a propellor blur option?

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • FURBFURB Posts: 29

The Flying Doctors theme is playing in my head now.....

• The seats are all stationary, as are the peddles and the instrument control panel is modeled not just a texture, the only things that are animatable inside the cockpit are the yoks. The Propeller is a seperate object that you can rotate and apply motion blur if you like, all the flaps and tail fin are separate objects.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

Bit disappointed with this set. First impression is that it takes a lot of fiddling around to get a convincing landscape. 

There are only two largish ground tiles which don't allow for much variation. You need to place a lot of them to make a large scale scene.

The large rocks have to be set back to give an impression of size in the distance. The horizon line is a problem with HDRIs as it's essentially flat and low. The tyre tracks seem to suddenly stop when you place a large tile next to them.  You need to place a lot of bushes one by one.

It seems odd not to have offered the option of a preloaded scene or two - so that we can at least see what is possible - and use it as a quick starting point for adjustments.  

So much potential here - but it doesn't quite add up yet. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,781

Oh, my... and I was hoping for some easy solution.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i like many things about this set.  i agree with JamieM though...the lack of preloads is disappointing, and the base ground planes do need to be tiled in order to create a landscape that offers depth and perspective, and that is very time-consuming.

i worked with the set for an hour or two yesterday, but couldn't construct anything nearly as scene-friendly as the product promos. 

it's not really an environment so much as an environment construction kit.

has some very nice props, though!

:)

j

adding a link to the product page:  https://www.daz3d.com/australian-outback-environment