Poser Version & Bryce Pro 7.1 ...

sasa Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Do they play well with each other ? Some items available for sale say Poser Version and Daz Studio .
Can Poser .obj and textures load into Bryce Pro 7.1 ? or is there a proprietary issue to consider ?
tons of workarounds to perform ? or is it , you can only load P into Poser and B into Bryce Pro 7.1 ?

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Do they play well with each other ? Some items available for sale say Poser Version and Daz Studio .
    Can Poser .obj and textures load into Bryce Pro 7.1 ? or is there a proprietary issue to consider ?
    tons of workarounds to perform ? or is it , you can only load P into Poser and B into Bryce Pro 7.1 ?

Bryce easily imports OBJ files. You will need to know how to manually tweak the materials so that everything looks as it should. This requires some basic understanding of the Material Lab. Items such as eyelashes require transmapping (Blend Transparency) in order to look right and you need to do that manually. Otherwise, you are good to go. Report back with any questions no matter how seemingly simple.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,287
    edited October 2014

@starmijo2012 - there is no difference whether you use Poser or Studio content. You can - at least most of the time - use the Bryce/Studio bridge to bring them over. Otherwise, export as OBJ. The caveat is, as Rashad said, the materials that need some attention once the object arrived over the bridge or was imported into Bryce. Materials/shaders are seldom fully compatible between 3D programs. How they look depends on the render engine and how the lights work. Props are usually simpler to adapt to Bryce, many work right out of the box, i.e. when imported, others, like characters need a lot of work.

Post edited by Horo on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

I have used several different versions of Poser with Bryce, starting with Poser 3 back in the day. No problems with importing any obj made within any version of Poser in any version of Bryce 5. This has always been my workflow, set up the figure or prop in Poser, export an obj and import said obj into Bryce.

Bryce will need you to direct it to where the Poser textures are stored.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2014

Same as Chohole above. I've always used Poser to export .obj files to import into Bryce.

As already mentioned, materials will need tweaking, the most obvious will be eyes that are completely white (because the outermost sphere needs making transparent, but one of the many preset glass materials will do that fine) and eye lashes will be a solid lump of black instead of individual hairs which is fixed by setting the TransMap and using Blend Transparency.

Bear in mind that some props have hundreds of components (I'm thinking Stonemason's large city and urban scenes) which can be time consuming to have to tweak all the mats in Bryce, but it's worth the effort.

Have fun.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • sasa Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Thank You , Rashad , Horo , chohole and TheSavage64 , for the helpful and timely response .