Castle for Bryce.... can that be used in DS or Poser?

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,368
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi Folks.

Queenite's Castle is on sale now.

It is listed as being for Bryce.

Can it be used in DS also?

Thanks.
R

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not without taking it into Bryce first and attempting to export it out from there as an OBJ. It is only in Bryce format.

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,368
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Not without taking it into Bryce first and attempting to export it out from there as an OBJ. It is only in Bryce format.

Thanks..... is that a big job?

What is involved?

R

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I personally have never tried, as I use things the other way round, importing them into Bryce, which has been my preferred program for around 15 years.

Also I don't have that particular castle, so am not sure how it is constructed. That does make a difference when saving an obj from Bryce.

I can transfer this thread over to the Bryce forum if you like, someone over there will be able to guide you better than I can.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I personally have never tried, as I use things the other way round, importing them into Bryce, which has been my preferred program for around 15 years.

Also I don't have that particular castle, so am not sure how it is constructed. That does make a difference when saving an obj from Bryce.

I can transfer this thread over to the Bryce forum if you like, someone over there will be able to guide you better than I can.

Thanks.
    That's a good idea.
    Randy

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

As Chohole says, it depends how the castle is constructed in Bryce.
    If it's made up from Bryce primitives, it could well be a lot of work to convert it so it will export as an .obj file, but usually it can be done.

Looking at the product page, it does look as if it may be made of mesh not primitives, but I wouldn't like to guess as to it's compatibility for exporting.

edited December 1969

As Chohole says, it depends how the castle is constructed in Bryce.
    If it's made up from Bryce primitives, it could well be a lot of work to convert it so it will export as an .obj file, but usually it can be done.

Looking at the product page, it does look as if it may be made of mesh not primitives, but I wouldn't like to guess as to it's compatibility for exporting.

Thanks.
    Much appreciated.
    R