Snapping Asian Interior Construction Kit [Commercial]

palinpalin Posts: 0
edited October 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I made a quick intro video to show off this set. Happy renders!

http://youtu.be/Kyugl4tvRBU

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2014

This went right in my wish list. Now all it needs are exterior walls and roofs to build entire buildings inside and out. Are the walls and screens of this set set up to be seen from the exterior of a building or just the one side of the wall? Also, are the "door panels" rigged to slide open and shut?

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Love this! There's always a need for more construction sets! I would love to texture/ expansion sets for Chinese, Korean, and Japanese interiors.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

Insta-buy

. . .

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

It looks delicious, the whole snap-in technology sounds very promising.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

palin said:
    I made a quick intro video to show off this set. Happy renders!

http://youtu.be/Kyugl4tvRBU

Grabbed the product, thanks for the video.

Any chance of more sets like these with different themes, like SciFi and Fantasy? I'd buy those without hesitation as well.

-- Walt Sterdan

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

This snapping technology works great. It makes scene building a lot easier. I would also love to see other themes, more props, hopefully compatible with this set as well.

• palinpalin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Tramp Graphics the walls are double sided, they look the same from either side, the problems you'll find with doing exteriors are with corners, the walls don't come to sharp external corners, so they'd need some adjustment and maybe a morph. But yes, the doors do open and close.

@BurstAngel Thank you, I'm glad you like it. After I'm done being burned out, I'll think about an expansion. LoL. =)

@Fisty and Cecillia, Thank you!

@Walt and 3dTox, I have sketches started for a Sci-Fi set, but we'll see how long it takes to put it together.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited October 2014

palin said:
    @Tramp Graphics the walls are double sided, they look the same from either side, the problems you'll find with doing exteriors are with corners, the walls don't come to sharp external corners, so they'd need some adjustment and maybe a morph. But yes, the doors do open and close.

Or a pillar to fill in the corner gap. Cool. The reason I ask is because I have this one Japanese Shinden-Zukuri building set by Hisayan Image Labs, called Haru Goten (it's the last one on the linked page). The problem I have with it is all of the sliding panels and doors like to collect in stacks way off where they're "Supposed" to be every time I reopen a scene I use it in. I want to replace all of the walls and panels (interior and exterior) from that set with these, as well as build a dojo with actual working panels because the only dojo I have is this free one which is a static prop and only has interior structure. The outside columns only have three faces not an outer face, so you can't use it for exterior viewing, only for shots from within.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on