Option to scale the DAZ Studio User Interface (UI)

Hi,

not long ago I got a new monitor with a better resolution (from Full HD to 4K). But that created a problem in DAZ Studio. Everything is now tiny. I'm still learning to use this program and I need to put my nose close to the screen to be able to read some of the menus without a magnifier when I'm searching for an option. In the content and smart content tab the thumbnails are not usable anymore. You are not able to distinguish one thumbnail from one another if they are alike. Scaling these would be good. I'm aware that there are some thumbnails that magnify if you hover over them but that takes time if - for example - you are searching for something that only differs in details like expressions. And not every product got something to zoom in. And to open every thumbnail image in a picture editor, scale it to a bigger size and save it again is a chore. I did it already even with my old monitor for my own creations because the thumbnail for a set is to small but then I'm not searching for something special in a product. I know I want that scene and need to decide which of a few subsets to include. 

Blender for example has something like that included : edit->preferences->interface-> resolution scale (Standard is 1.0 and you can go up in 0.01 steps)
That scales the complete UI of blender incl. fonts, thumbnails etc. In GIMP you'll find the options in the preferences -> User Interface. And GIMP gives you the options for thumbnails and UI.

I think that would be an option many would like to have, because if you are working on a PC monitor your eyes will not get better and squinting your eyes to be able to see menus and thumbnails is something that makes you tired. ATM an hour in DAZ Studio is max without my eyes starting to burn because of the tiny symbols. In GIMP I can do something for hours without problems. 

I know you have the option to scale windows global and DAZ will follow this scaling, but why should you do that when only DAZ Studio is not able to scale by itself and when it reduces your workspace ? 

Seanthiar

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

This would be a blessing, I also have a high-res monitor and DAZ is just a lot harder to use because of the tiny font.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

This is a feature which has been requested many times, but apparently the version of the library DS uses for UI doesn't support that.

Daz had mentioned they were working on an update for Big Sur compatibility which will require an upgrade to that library, so hopefully it will be possible afterwards.

• Best you can do in this terrible program is use the Main Street style and modify the colours. This will give you about 5-15% on the font elements on 100% dpi and 150% scaled when in windows 4K but it will add padding for literally no good reason. 

untitled.JPG
    2440 x 1398 - 313K
  • holzkohlenholzkohlen Posts: 3

I may be wrong about this and I cannot easily test it since I am on Linux BUT if you change the application's HiDPI settings to "system enhanced" windows will usually force it to be scaled according to your scaling set in windows itself. I believe that this also works for daz studio.
    Just right click to exe to do that or google "change HiDPI settings".

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

I'm using a 42" 4K monitor at resolution 2560 X 1600. Text and other items at 125%.
    Render window, viewport and text are large enough for me, they may not be for you.
    But then, I render almost every image as 1440 X 1200.

• Dolce SaitoDolce Saito Posts: 159

Also, if you have more than one monitor in different sizes; and if one monitor has different scaling than the other, viewport mouse sensitivity goes crazy.