Carrara Challenge #56 - "Let There Be Light." Winners illuminated :)

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Well apologies for the delay in this I have been in transit longer than expected ...

I had to count them three times and multiply the answere by the date and then divide it by my birthday and then have a think about it.

I must say that, not only were the resulting renders in this challenge a step above, it was also terrific to see some new entrants in the challnge and to count them amongst the winners!

So with no further ado.... ta dah :)

1) The artist with the best total participation*, with a bunch of brilliant entries that shed light on the Challenge theme was none other than 

Freelight 

2) Closely followed, with an equally illuminating set of images, by

Persona Non Grata

3) The winner of the best image with a scintillating image resonating with lusterful radiance was the very welcome newcomer to challenges ....

mschack

4) And, finally, showing her usual mastery, skill and talent to showcase Carrara's abilities in the best images section was ....

Vyusur

Thanks to all who participated, and to all who voted and to Daz for their generous support of the Carrara challenges!

The mantle for hosting the next challenge now goes to Freelight, and should they be unable to take it up, it then falls to, in order mschack, then Persona Non Grata and then to Vyusur.

If the winners could send me their emails associated with their accounts I will send them on to Daz :)

* I worked out best participation by looking at the total votes for an artist over all their images, where the artist had more than one image.

PS Freelight, I wont have access to a desktop to help you with advice for hosting the next challenge for a few weeks. If you need help or advice please ask here in the forums, I am pretty sure you will get lots of help!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Congrats to the winners, well done to all participants, top hosting by Headwax (glad you didn't get any bites from those sharks), and thanks to DAZ3D for being a sponsor !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

well done challengers.. great images 

thanks for hosting @HeadWax yes

• Well done all participants....

Can I request that any 'prize' awarded to PNG goes to Mystiarra for the hard work on Gen 8.1 - thanks.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Congratulations, FreeLight, PNG, mschack, and VYusur.  Wonderful images.  And great inspirational theme choices and leadership, Headwax.  There were many other worthy artists so appreciation to everyone who submitted entries, and to a few people who were in the WIP thread but didn't enter.  And of course, thanks to Daz3D for the continued support.

Very generous gesture, PNG.  

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Congrats to the winners!

I would be surprised if Daz agreed to let a prize be diverted to someone else, however deserving.

Persona Non Grata said:

Well done all participants....

Can I request that any 'prize' awarded to PNG goes to Mystiarra for the hard work on Gen 8.1 - thanks.

oh PNG that's very kind and I agree with your sympathies. Not sure how Daz would respond to that - perhaps a gift card from you to Mystiarra would be more correct?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congrats to all winners! Andrew, thank you for your brilliant hosting and for the nice theme.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

Thank you @Headwax for running the competition and congrats to the winners. It was a great theme, light is such an important aspect of what we do.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited March 2021

~   Congratulations. and Bully for you  ~

Post edited by ed3D on

Hey thanks everyone for the thanks , im sorry i didnt get much time to make entries for myself, i enjoyed muchly seeing what people cane up with and, as always, learnt a lot !

Hi png or mystiarra , would either if you please check your pms  so i can get the ball rolling on gathering the prizes for the other winners. Thanks alot., ! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Congrats again.  Have the winners acknowledged the tradition of the next host, the option to decline, and the succession?  Among the winners, we have some folks who haven't participated often.  Just making sure.

• FreelightFreelight Posts: 33

Thank you very much for the votes, I was suprised to up there with so many other great renders. Great work everyone!  It's taken a while for me to respond with work commitments and because of them at the moment I wouldn't be able to be consistant enough to host the next challenge and can hopefully pass the gauntlet to the next in line. I'm sorry but with my working pattern it's very difficult to commit to anything. I also feel I need to learn more of how this all works by particapating where I am able, thanks again 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Headwax said:

Hi png or mystiarra , would either if you please check your pms  so i can get the ball rolling on gathering the prizes for the other winners. Thanks alot., ! 

me?  think i had 1 vote.  doh 

Mystiarra said:

Headwax said:

me?  think i had 1 vote.  doh 

We all know that you and PNG are the same person.

smileysmileysmiley

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Persona Non Grata said:

Well done all participants....

Very kind of you.

but the voters chose you art.yes 

Diomede said:

Congrats again.  Have the winners acknowledged the tradition of the next host, the option to decline, and the succession?  Among the winners, we have some folks who haven't participated often.  Just making sure.

hi, sorry to be away, thats fine freelight, 

if one of the other challenge winners would like to step up to the plate to run the next challenge  that would be kind, else i am quite happy to run the next one. It wouldnt start till the second week in April i am afraid. I am in a place with lousy internet till then. Great fishing though :) 

• Headwax said:

Thanks Andrew for the prompt,

But if Mistara really doesn't want the transfer, then let it go to Philemot for his kind work. If he doesn't want it either, then leave it up to Daz what to do. Perhaps they can increase the prize amount among the remaining three. Sorry to cause any trouble, but I really cannot accept it.

PNG

Well then, mschack, are you game for hosting the next Challenge?

I wrote instructions on hosting a few years ago.  If either you or Freelight are interested, I can PM them to you.  The instructions are not hard to follow.

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Sure I can give it a go...

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Headwax said:

Dartanbeck said:

Argh! Sorry I missed the voting. Great submissions everyone!!!

always next tine :) be good to see you get a chance to enter  

...and that day will come, my friend! Swamped right now, but I'll get my day... you'll see!

Hey, congrats to All!!! You folks are Awesome! One day I think I might just make a Carrara Challenge Gallery of all of the challenge entries ever. It's so fun to look at them all. Voting is never easy - and that's a Good Thing!

mschack said:

Sure I can give it a go...

Great!  I am going on the assumption that you are now the next host.  I sent you a PM. :)

Thanks png, dart, ub and mschack ! Thanks for doing that ub. See youze soon !

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited March 2021

N/A

Post edited by ed3D on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Dartanbeck said:

Argh! Sorry I missed the voting. Great submissions everyone!!!

Me, too. Eyes are really crap, should have paid more attention to the dates for voting! I did look at all the art along the way. Amazing! Congrats to all of the artists, not just the winners.

heart Silenw

Apologies to the winners. Please check your Daz accounts soon. There was a hickup in communications. My bad. Thanks for the headsup Ub and Freelight. 

Cheers ! 

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

thanks @Headwax!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thanks @Headwax!