Saving animations as mp4 video?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

A step ahead of you on that. I did try rotating and the same thing happens. I was wondering if there was a way to force a texture to follow the shape of the curve and also stretch out at the end. I never have been able to accomplish that effect with my ancient version of Carrara. I was wondering if it had been made a feature with the newest version.

And I also applied the texture prior to the bend and it never followed the bend. I cleared it and applied it fresh and it is as you see it now.

Active thread! ;-)

What version and level of Carrara do you use again? Is it a Pro version?

have you tried using the pen tool in the Spline modeler to just draw out the shape?

I just created a very rough version of you shape this way.

I then selected the spline model in the Assembly room and used the 3D paint to create a simple texture, then I used the line brush to create a center line.

You can get some very cool looks with the brushes.

Picture_4.png
    1211 x 759 - 155K
    Picture_3.png
    609 x 526 - 53K
    Picture_2.png
    498 x 421 - 69K
    Picture_1.png
    581 x 597 - 15K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited December 1969

I have thought of a rigged road

• TimBoTimBo Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

I have Carrara 8.5 Pro version. I can not find the 3D paint button. I looked it up in the help section but I don't have that feature.

screen.jpg
    1730 x 974 - 352K
    edited December 1969

no ocean primitive either, looks like standard version

edited December 1969

The opening screen shows Carrara 8.5 Pro (64-bit) build 243

edited December 1969

I just sent a request to tech support about the missing features. Let's see what they say a day or two in the future.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I think that the camera of your screenshot is from c8 and not from of c8.5…

edited December 1969

Not good.... I paid for 8.5 Pro 64 bit. I upgraded from Carrara 1.1 believe it or not. That's why I am asking so many questions.

edited December 1969

What does your account page say about the version?

edited November 2014

Upgrade from Carrara 8.5 (32 bit) to Carrara 8.5 (64 bit)

Install_screen.jpg
    1251 x 1163 - 203K
    Post edited by TimBo on
    edited December 1969

So did you try the 32 bit standard edition first, and then decide to go to the Pro version?

Here's a long shot, and it's just a very dodgy hypothesis: Carrara 32 bit is the Standard edition if you enter the Standard edition serial number. However, if you enter the 64 bit Pro serial number into the 32 bit Standard edition, it changes the 32 bit Standard into a 32 bit Pro edition. Is it possible to have some preference or registry weirdness crossing code?

Or, really, really unlikely, but would it be possible to enter the Standard serial number into the Pro edition, thus making it Standard accidentally?

Bear in mind, I own C7.2 Pro, and I'm not a code jockey. For further disclaimers, look at my signature line! ;-)

edited December 1969

That's interesting and might be true. However, the serial numbers were automatically added through install manager as best I can remember. I just purchased it online and install manager took care of the rest. With my old version 1.0 I did enter the serial numbers because I had the CD to install it.

Oh, I could not use the 64 bit version when I first got the upgrade to 8.0. That computer died and I got a new HP that had Windows 8.0 64 bit installed. Later I upgraded Carrara to 8.5 32 bit. After that I moved on up to the 64 bit version. Money comes a little at a time and so did the upgrades.

edited December 1969

My SN is a Pro serial number

Carrara 8.5 Pro CDZCPRO-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited December 1969

I would suggest manually installing it
    run as administrator and add serial
    to be certain take the previous one off using CCleaner removing all leftover files

edited December 1969

Well, there you go. It's all those x's. ;-)

edited December 1969

The x's are my doing as to not show my full SN in case someone is looking for one.

edited December 1969

to be certain take the previous one off using CCleaner removing all leftover files

Where do I get the full file to install it with? Install manager did all the installing for me.

edited November 2014

Where do I get the full file to install it with? Install manager did all the installing for me.
    you should have a choice in my account product library of running an exe

Untitled.jpg
    977 x 987 - 337K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

The x's are my doing as to not show my full SN in case someone is looking for one.

I know. It was a joke. Not a good one mind you, but still a joke. ;-)

edited December 1969

So did you try the 32 bit standard edition first, and then decide to go to the Pro version?

Here's a long shot, and it's just a very dodgy hypothesis: Carrara 32 bit is the Standard edition if you enter the Standard edition serial number. However, if you enter the 64 bit Pro serial number into the 32 bit Standard edition, it changes the 32 bit Standard into a 32 bit Pro edition. Is it possible to have some preference or registry weirdness crossing code?

Or, really, really unlikely, but would it be possible to enter the Standard serial number into the Pro edition, thus making it Standard accidentally?

Bear in mind, I own C7.2 Pro, and I'm not a code jockey. For further disclaimers, look at my signature line! ;-)

By Golly you are right!!! I had to open Carrara several times to catch a glimpse of the SN and it definitely has STD instead of PRO. Now, how do I fix it?

edited December 1969

I know. It was a joke. Not a good one mind you, but still a joke. ;-)

I'm slow. Forgive me. After I responded it dawned on me that it was a joke.

edited December 1969

By Golly you are right!!! I had to open Carrara several times to catch a glimpse of the SN and it definitely has STD instead of PRO. Now, how do I fix it?
    Hmmm.....

Not sure. Maybe deleting preferences?

Wendy, any ideas?

edited December 1969

you should have a choice in my account product library of running an exe

Downloading now. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info Wendy.

edited December 1969

I tried the process twice but there was no change. It's still standard. It never asked for a SN

edited December 1969

Must be buried in a preference somewhere. I can't find it on my Mac either. It's not in any of the places I would expect to find it. The preferences I can find and remove, cause Carrara to act as if it's never been run before, but the splash screen shows my name and serial number, and I'm not asked to enter it. Very strange.

Maybe tech support can tell you how to force Carrara to ask for the serial number.

edited November 2014

I will have to ponder this while I sleep. Off to bed I'm afraid.

Maybe start a thread asking how to force Carrara to ask for the serial number. Lots of people look at the thread title and don't look to see where the thread has gone. They just see the mp4 subject and skip it.

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping they can. They ought to be able to do it if they know their stuff. I did get an email from them saying that they had received my email and gave me a case number.

The subject has jumped around a lot since the start. I might lose y'all if I changed over to another title.

edited December 1969

Ask and you shall receive. I posted like you suggested and in minutes someone sent me the most simple solution:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48340/#707566

Now more of us know.

edited November 2014

Just wanted to say thanks to those that pointed it out that I was still running the standard version. I'd never known had y'all not told me. Now I am trying to figure out how to use the 3D paint. I was playing with it recently and did get the street texture to follow the curve. However, I can't remember how I did it so I can do it in the animation I am working on. Oh well.

By the way, what all did I gain when I switched from STD to PRO besides the 3D paint and the ocean thing?

Oh, tech support still has not got back with me on the STD and PRO question.

Post edited by TimBo on
    edited December 1969

Probably additional animation tools like the graph editor maybe.

For sure, you have some tools in the Vertex Modeler, but I can't recall which ones.

You have a bunch more export options.

Maybe some more import options?

Render passes.

Network render nodes that can be put on another computer in your home or office to allow network rendering. It can be a big help with animations, time-wise.