Voir Pas Mal HD for Genesis 2 Male on sale now Commercial

AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
edited October 2014 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Just in time for all those Halloween render contests I give you Voir Pas Mal , See no Evil. And as you can see by the price he has collided with the tail end of the PA sale which means you can get him for less than a coffee at Starbucks. So there's no reason you shouldn't be entering into a Halloween contest at some other site with really great prizes and win with this newly spawned creation.

http://www.daz3d.com/voir-pas-mal-hd-for-genesis-2-male?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Voir+Pas+Mal+HD+for+Genesis+2+Male&utm_content=Get+the+Ivy+Swing+for+FREE&utm;_campaign=(10/07/14)+Get+the+Ivy+Swing+for+FREE

pop2.jpg
2000 x 1538 - 2M
pop6.jpg
2000 x 1538 - 1M
Post edited by AntMan on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Glorious. I've been waiting for this to come out! I nabbed it immediately.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2014

Incredible! Hope there's a companion G2F version eventually coming out!

What was the clothing you used for the promotional stuff?

Was hoping it would combine with the 'skeletal vampire' head morph from the Creature Creator, because the skull-like 'nose' and mouth would be amazing with the way this looks like the bone has overgrown the eyes. But sadly, the jaws intersect in a non-realistic way.

Even so, top notch! The 'blind skull' look is quite tremendously inspiring. The basic included skin will go great with some of the Creature Creator shapes, too.

For those interested in experimenting with diverse looks, applying the 'Long Time Dead' zombie's skin also gives a very interesting look to this model.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Me too—it's a steal. Stunningly imaginative work—and absolutely terrifying!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

Thanks.

The outfit is here at DAZ http://www.daz3d.com/luthbel/vendetta-for-genesis-2-male-s
    Perfect fit for this guy. I love the two together.

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Hi AntFarm, I really love your product and your unique style and I’m really sorry to tell you this but “see no evil” in French does not translate to “Voir Pas Mal”. I should know French is by primarily language. “Voir pas mal” means that your sight is not bad. The right translation would be “Voir Aucun Mal”.

edited December 1969

Ha well I blame High school, not teaching me enough French. In truth I was never a great student now that I think about it.
    I Guess it will amuse those who know better, as for me lesson learned stick to English. : ) Maybe his sight isn’t bad… No I’ll just own the error.

edited December 1969

Still works as poetic irony!

edited December 1969

Story of my life, Poetic irony. Sometime peppered with non poetic irony to spice things up. : )

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,551
    edited December 1969

Very cool stuff.

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

In light of the obscene amount I've gone over budget in this event, I tried and tried putting off the purchase of this one. Alas, it was not to be.

Meh, whatever; I have multiple cans of pork and beans and this month's electricity is paid for :D

edited December 1969

With every purchase you also get my thanks which is not legal tender... More like a karma rebate.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Hi AntFarm, I really love your product and your unique style and I’m really sorry to tell you this but “see no evil” in French does not translate to “Voir Pas Mal”. I should know French is by primarily language. “Voir pas mal” means that your sight is not bad. The right translation would be “Voir Aucun Mal”.

That's it. When I saw "Voir Pas Mal" I thought it was a second degree title because the creature did obviously not need glasses :) Or could not... AntFarm, If any help needed for a French Title, you can ask me for the translation :)

JoLab, are you French too?

edited December 1969

Thanks I will. : )

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730
    edited October 2014

This reminds me of a fantasy movie that I cannot remember the name or what language it was in. Now I am wondering if this has anything in common with the monster other than it is creepy and blind.

Edit I found out the movie and it has nothing to do with this other than being creepy and blind.

Actually it looks like an antfarm work and antfarm is known for crazy stuff that is creepy.

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

He she/is awesomely creepy. Out of curiousity...What does the texture look like on default genesis male. I admit... I'm just curious. Good work as always. =-)

edited December 1969

As you'd expect, except it makes the eyes go completely hollow/invisible. :) You have to apply a material for the eyes from a different set or character to make them show. Otherwise, you basically see right into the back of the interior head.

I do plan to invesigate those options for other Creature Creator morphs, however. It really suits them well. Am surprised nobody's released a pack of skins for Creature Creator designs (especially non-furry tails).

edited December 1969

Me too. When I buy a figure I confess, I like to mess around and see what other morphs it works on. I'm always looking for skins for aliens.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Well, my first thought was the Kdatlyno from Larry Niven's Known Space works. Very well done. Thank you.

• GrovelightGrovelight Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say thank you for a brilliant product and I'm having fun using it:)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,762
    edited December 1969

Many thank-yous, will add to the Critter morphs a great deal.
    Will need to gene-splice with the Raven, FlyGirl, Martian, Creature Creator, & Gen2X morphs !!!!!!

This render is the Voir Pas Mai with Martian-Roark2-Anubis legs morphs dialed in.

VoirPasMalHDforGenesis2Male_morphs_x1950.png
    1950 x 1424 - 6M
    edited December 1969

How well does this move over to genesis 2 female or genesis 1?

edited December 1969

The skin or the shape? The morphs are only for G2M.

Hence, the reason why it can't combine with Fly Girl, sadly... Although, it's an unexpectedly regal combination with the recent Martian G2M product.

edited December 1969

Hence, the reason why it can't combine with Fly Girl, sadly... Although, it's an unexpectedly regal combination with the recent Martian G2M product.

I have genx 2 and wondering how it fairs with this.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I have genx 2 and wondering how it fairs with this.

Better than expected to be honest ...

The head in the pictures got the GenX 2 transferred G2M head dialed in. The body is pure G2F. Just quick renders and didn't pay attention to lighting, pose correctness ... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Voir_Pas_Mal_2_G2F.png
    600 x 848 - 806K
    Voir_Pas_Mal_G2F.png
    600 x 848 - 660K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

With every purchase you also get my thanks which is not legal tender... More like a karma rebate.

Whoa, Karma bonus!

Now I'm double-glad I snapped up a copy.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited October 2014

This is what the texture looks on vanilla G2M but with some eye color added from a different set. I used Actual Eyes 4 to give him some eyes, but this is what the face looks like without the morph.

edit: no fancy lights or anything to make it pop. also added a render of same scene with just the morph dialed in.

testimage0001.jpg
    1007 x 922 - 340K
    testimage0000.jpg
    1007 x 922 - 224K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited December 1969

This is what the texture looks on vanilla G2M but with some eye color added from a different set. I used Actual Eyes 4 to give him some eyes, but this is what the face looks like without the morph.

edit: no fancy lights or anything to make it pop. also added a render of same scene with just the morph dialed in.

Thanks for showing that Kulay Wolf! =-)

edited December 1969

For those wondering how the Voir looks with a different skin, this is a custom M4 skin that I did for my critter morphs a while ago.
    Morphs are the RawArt Creature from the Depths HD for Genesis that has been GenX2ed, and also with the RawArt Maximum Vasculum dialed in.

Deep-Sea_Aqua-blue_x1950.png
    1950 x 1424 - 6M
    edited December 1969

Final render from me for this subject.

As much as I tried, the FlyGirl morph kept bugging me (sorry no pun intended !!!!!)

This is the Voir with FlyGirl head GenX2ed into G2M, along with about a dozen morphs to get the head looking good.
    Is not an easy one to do but definitely can be done, still has a few issues depending on the angle you look at it from.

Body is from the excellent JoeQuick Alien Force package with G2M Creature Creator Exo body dialed in as well.
    Eyes by :- Awesome Eyes - DAZ3D & Forbidden Whispers.

Heaps of fun, very glad I bought it !!!!!!

VoirPasMal_FlyGirl_head_morph_x1950.png
    1950 x 1424 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Well, that's... Not what I would have expected, at all! Looks so very angry! LOL

Try closing the mouth, maybe? I know Fly Girl is meant to have the mandibles on the chin look as if they've replaced the mouth.