Add Point At Null

ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

So I'm writing a script where you select a character in the scene and then run a script that:

1. Adds a null to the scene and names it "EyeGoalNull"
  2. Sets the Point At property of the character's Left Eye and Right Eye to the EyeGoalNull

I've got step 1 completed, but can't figure how to do step 2. Here's what I have so far:

var n = new DzNode();	Scene.addNode( n );	n.setName( "EyeGoalNull" ); 	n.setLabel( "EyeGoalNull" );

Anyone? I wish it's as simple as SelectedNode.LeftEye.PointAt = EyeGoalNull  

Post edited by ebergerly on

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255
    edited February 2021

Okay, getting closer I think...

This seems to successfully find the left eye node as a child of the selected parent:

var n = new DzNode();	Scene.addNode( n );	n.setName( "EyeGoalNull" ); 	n.setLabel( "EyeGoalNull" );		// Print name of selected node type	node = Scene.getPrimarySelection()	print("Node Name =" + node.name)	var foundit = node.findNodeChild("lEye", true);

Now I just need to know how to access the Point At property of the eye nodes....

edited February 2021

Hey, I think I've got it !!!

var n = new DzNode();	Scene.addNode( n );	n.setName( "EyeGoalNull" ); 	n.setLabel( "EyeGoalNull" );		// Print name of selected node type	node = Scene.getPrimarySelection()	print("Node Name =" + node.name)		// Recursively look for the left eye child node	var foundit = node.findNodeChild("lEye", true);		// Set eye to point at eye goal null we added	foundit.setPointAtTarget(n);

So if you renamed the character from say Genesis3Female to say Girl1, how do you access that new name? Seems like node.name gives you the Genesis3Female as opposed to the name you applied. And it seems "node.alias" doesn't do it...

Ahh, okay, it's node.getLabel()...