Sending Retargeted Animations to Daz

Would it be possible to send retargeted animations generated in Unreal Engine back to Studio for use?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited February 2021

I am still trying to find a safe free way to convert FBX to BVH

I have plenty of paid options that would work

Danceforms was one way but the download on the legitimate site has vanished and there are only virus filled sites

I couldn't figure it out in Blender with the Rokoko addon

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited February 2021

a straight Blender FBX import BVH export gives very a foot slidey result that is close but annoying

The hip is sliding around making it look like an iceskating performance

The FBX itself in Blender looks perfect, the load on DAZ genesis 8 shows the issue

• Yes and no.  You can export models or animations out of Unreal by right-clicking and choosing Asset Actions -> Export.

If you got animations from the Epic Marketplace they are only licensed for use in the Unreal Engine though.  So you can touch them up in another program and bring them back to Unreal, but you can't use them to make a final product in Daz Studio unless you get permission from the creator.

Also, when you transfer characters in DazToUnreal I rename the root bone and depending on your settings the character gets rotated to match Unreal's coordinate system, so you may have additional fixes to apply before you can actually use them.

edited February 2021

they all work perfectly well for me in iClone but as you said there is the usage restrictions, the Paragon character movements for example I can use with ease but are Unreal only.

However asking on their forum specifically about the Paragon assets I was told just renders in other software OK.

Be it DAZ, Blender, MAX Vray whatever but just renders.

I do export and use ones from monthly freebies that have a more liberal license, many I even export to DAZ studio too but that again is using iClone 3DXchange, I don't know an effective free way for others.

Blender worked except for the hip sliding BTW.

Its DAZ BVH import that is the actual issue as BVH plays correctly in other applications

it is a given nothing is redistributable, I expect that.

• 3dQuill3dQuill Posts: 33
    edited March 2022
    3dxchange from iclone might work. I used it during a 30 trial to export actor core fbx onto daz3d. Worked perfectly. Well there was foot sliding, but minimal. The downside, it's like $400. I wish Daz would create a solution without needing a third party app. Mixamo doesn't even export bvh anymore.
    Post edited by 3dQuill on
  • 3dQuill said:

3dxchange from iclone might work. I used it during a 30 trial to export actor core fbx onto daz3d. Worked perfectly. Well there was foot sliding, but minimal. The downside, it's like $400. I wish Daz would create a solution without needing a third party app. Mixamo doesn't even export bvh anymore.

Ok from Actore Core, but it works from unreal to Daz?