one single shader

laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

hello!! I have a complicated scene, with a lot of différents shaders... is it a way to get quicly a single shader (clay one) for all the objects??? thank you!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

celmar said:
    hello!! I have a complicated scene, with a lot of différents shaders... is it a way to get quicly a single shader (clay one) for all the objects??? thank you!!!

lyou could try erasing all of your shaders, then you are left with the default shader - which you might be able to adjust to give the clay look
  • laverdet_943f1f7da1laverdet_943f1f7da1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

but, headwax, how to erase all the shaders?? one by one?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

yes, good question
    you can try going to the shader room, arrange the space like this, then click on individual shaders while holding shift key
    then hit delete, you get a window with a choice, select 'same choice for all master shaders' - there's probably a quicker way, but unknown to me !

bugger-1.jpg
    1993 x 1091 - 254K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

I cannot test it at the moment as carrara having a hissy fit on my PC
    but
    group everything and in general default shader tick the box affecting children
    I think I managed to do it that way

edited December 1969

The hissy fit is unrelated btw
    I am browsing forum before I decide to kill it in task manager or not and saw your post

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited October 2014

For multiple shader domain objects(like V4.2), in the objects texture room you can drag a shader onto the Multiple Shading Domains icon in the upper right corner(multi color sphere). This will change all the other domains to the new shader.

Post edited by tbwoq on
    edited December 1969

yes my suggestion works

Untitled.jpg
    1929 x 1040 - 334K