What program do I need to edit DAZ .dse files?

I want to try and edit a .dse file to work with G8.1.  When I open the file in Notepad, it looks like coding data.  I understand I need to be careful about edits and make copies and backups.  Playing with a non-DAZ product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

From memory, .dse are encrypted scripts and no one except their creator can edit them.

• OK, that's too bad but I understand why that makes sense.  thanks for the info.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited February 2021

Dimension3D has a few utilities  but since he Ralf Sessler died it wouldn't be updated 

https://www.daz3d.com/dson-editor

https://www.daz3d.com/dsf-toolbox

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Leana said:

From memory, .dse are encrypted scripts and no one except their creator can edit them.

Not even the creator, so it's important not to save the only copy of a scipt as .dse

• ah nevermind then blush

• Is there a non-encrypted script to add scripts to the toolbar?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited July 2022
  • alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,100
    edited July 2022

thanks Richard... 
    ---
    being lazy (like all good programmers) I was looking for code to reuse. 
    I asked about the dse because the one that adds the scripts to the toolbar for that set of items obviously simple tells the F3 activated interface to add the listed scripts to the toolbar and it's companion removes them. 
    I redid the scripts to one foot nudges ... that worked fine because the matched in name png triggers any script with the same name but the dse script is specific in adding the scripts to the toolbar by name in the coding. 
    So what I'm looking for is basically that script in dsa format that I can just stick the names of the  scripts I create to. 
    Or even better a script that would just load any scripts in the same folder to the toolbar --- I tried that added an extra script and the dse to add the items to the toolbar didn't see it ... so it must specifically call them by name. 
    ----
    I do models of buildings and include working windows shades and curtains with each casement. 
    the curtains were a simple open/close morph ...but I realised last night I needed more so I made a new set that open/closes horizonally (the one I had before) a tieback the middle of the sides, having one side or the other drag at the bottom being askew, one set the droop in the middle where the cats climbed them and ones that blow sideways in the window or back into the room 
    I realized that being able to add a toolbar the curtain morphs would be a timesave when adjusting the 20 windows on the front of a NYC walkup just click the curtain and then click the icon without ever having to find the morph slider. 
    Then the same to open / close the sash and to raise lower the shade -- and turn the lights one and off
    But you would only want to run these when setting up the building. 

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 359

This is off topic for this thread, so I've started a new one with an example - Create ToolBar from directory.

I would have just tagged you in it, but I don't know how to tag usernames with spaces in them.