installer problem

edited October 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Hello, I have just purchased The Yule Cottage item, but I'm not able to install the file . When I try the message above appears
"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The package for "Yule Cottage" requires that the installed path for "Carrara 8.5, 8" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again."
So I've tried to download it manually, but my Carrara8.5-64 bit doesn't see the scene with the cottage. The Carrara's room stay empty. Please , may you help me. I tried to read the instructions as well but the result is a strong headache....

I'm a Mac user (os 10.9.5)

Post edited by susannaronchi_1f694e9ef7 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

I am going to move this post to the Carrara Forum, I am sure you will get help there.

edited to add

However as a Carrara newbie, I have normally just opened the scene file in Carrara when I have had products like this. (using file / open)

This could well be the wrong way to do it, but it is a complete scene file.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

There's a bug in the Mac version of the Daz Install Manager that sometimes puts Carrara files into the wrong place, which means your scenes don't show up under New Preset. There's a further bug in Mac Carrara, which means you can't open the scene manually, because it's installed inside the .app package, and you can't browse to it. There's been a few threads on this here lately, which you're welcome to look at.

What you can do is this:
    Open the Finder and browse to your Carrara program. (Applications/Daz 3D/Carrara 8.5 64bit/)

Right-click on the Carrara.app file and select "Browse Package Contents" from the menu. You can then browse to your installed scene (Contents/MacOS/Presets/Scenes/Yule Cottage)

To get the scene to appear in the Presets menu, copy the Yule Cottage folder to Contents/MacOS/Scenes (this is where DIM *should* have put it)

To be able to open the scene by browsing from the Open menu, copy it to a folder within Documents, according to preference (I have a folder Documents/Daz 3D/Carrara 8.5/My Presets/My Scenes for just this kind of thing)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately this has been issue since before DAZ bought Carrara if I recall correctly.

Anyway, a quick work around for this is to create aliases for whatever folders you need to access in the application package. I don't have a version of Carrara that works with the DIM so I don't know how it will treat an alias, but for manually installing these things it is a great time saver.

• edited December 1969

Tim_A !!! You are a star! Now it works even if Yule Cottage is a very big scene and it' s impossible make the render with Vector Style.
    THANK YOU!!!!