Scale and Morph Clothing

DondecDondec Posts: 243
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi everyone,

Couple questions about working with garments in Carrara 8.5 Pro

• Is it possible to scale an applied garment? The scaling functions seem to be locked. I’m assuming there’s a way to turn off the bones or whatever temporarily, adjust the garment scale, then turn them back on? If Yes, do the provided morphs still work for the fine adjustments. If no, is my only alternative to create my own morph targets?

• Is Gen4 and 5 clothing mostly compatible with each other?

* After a garment has been dropping and goes though the Auto Fit function, can I invoke Auto Fit again manually, say after I adjust some body morphs?

Thanks for your ideas.

- Don

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,040
    edited December 1969

This seems to be a C8.5 quirk, the locked parameters on conformed clothing
    prob a result of implementing Autofit for Genesis etc.
    I fix it two ways
    first jump into vertex mode in assembly room with garment selected (click the spanner icon next to the hand)
    select all and use the scale tool gently.
    Also with figure selected jump into vertex room again, use either the lasso tool or paint brush icon and select vertices/polygons, you can hold shift, you want to hide that poke through clothes, go to global on right, create a new shading domain name it, jump back to assembly clicking hand and those areas will have most likely the default shader.
    Click on the new shader in the shader domain you named in the figure and chose create new shader
    in that shader for alpha choose 0-100 and pick 0
    for diffuse, highlight shininess etc pick none.
    It will now be an invisible shader you can save for reuse by dragging to browser under my shaders.

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay, I was completely reorganizing all my content, then trying some of it out... now that I actually know what I got. Haha.

That was an AWESOME tip there Wendy Cats. Much appreciated. Ty.. ty... TY!!

- Don