Tutorial: TopMod-style model with a twist!

Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I've uploaded a video tutorial to create a shape similar to that shown below. You can view it here: http://youtu.be/aFw3Hp8sOuM

If I've missed anything or was unclear, let me know and I'll do my best to correct that.

As always, make sure to post your renders either here or in the active "Show Us Your Bryce Renders" thread.

Art

TopModTwistVideoTutorial.jpg
500 x 500 - 235K

Comments

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Art: Good video, something new to try.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,386
    edited December 1969

Thanks Art, more fun ;)

edited October 2014

My attempt at this tutorial, rendered using David’s SFX hyper texture for shadowless Hdri http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRld0h13QZg&feature=youtu.be

The Hdri is a nebula tutorial also by David Abstract space HDRI backdrop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keqS4MbU_lg

twistedmodo-nebula1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 35K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid: That's a neat image. Love the choice of HDRI.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Ooh, that's purty! I'm considering it a gift because green is my favorite color! Guss, I saw your renders too and they look great! The last one is my favorite because as Horo said the shape stands out very well against the less detailed texture. Thanks to both for giving the tutorial a "spin"!

edited October 2014

Thanks Art and a bigger THANK you for the tutorial, looking forward to many more :)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

You're welcome. There's definitely more to come and I would get them done faster if I could convince my bosses to let me work on the fun stuff during working hours! LOL

edited December 1969

The ones I created are posted in the currently active shows us your renders thread.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    The ones I created are posted in the currently active shows us your renders thread.

I saw them there, but commented above in my response to mermaid. My favorite of yours is the one with the least amount of detail on the infinite plane. The shape really stands out nicely!

edited December 1969

@fencepost: That material was the least of the evils. I ran into the problem of having trouble complimenting the ground material with the object material. Either the ground material was too dark, too bright, or as you saw in two of my images, too busy. The ground material comes from the Gritty Texture Tiles and Material Terrain package, It was an experiment to see if I'd finally figured out how to use the material.