Daz to Unreal Bridge Builds

Razzle-Dazzle3DRazzle-Dazzle3D Posts: 32
edited February 2021 in Unreal Discussion

Hey all,

We're excited to continue offering support for our Daz to bridges, as well as to expand and build upon the potential of these bridges with the input and support from each of these communities. If you would like to be involved with or contribute to this project's development, and to ensure that your voice and opinions are heard, we will soon be making a beta version of the Daz to Unreal bridge available to those of you in this channel.

We know David has been going above and beyond supporting this bridge and sharing builds to you when its ready to be shared; as this is not David's full time job we are looking to support him more. The builds will now be available directly from our GitHub and can be found at this fork. https://github.com/daz3d/DazToRuntime/tree/unreal-builds

Please note, while we are archiving all of our older bridge builds, we are only able to offer assistance related to the latest public release of this bridge. 

Post edited by Razzle-Dazzle3D on

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

How and where do you download a specific build? Github is perhaps one of the most confusing places to upload or download files from.

• DAZ_samDAZ_sam Posts: 170

SnowSultan said:

How and where do you download a specific build? Github is perhaps one of the most confusing places to upload or download files from.

There is actually two ways with our GitHub. 

If you are looking for the stable version, (The one you can install on Install Manager or Daz Central) You can choose one of the releases. In this example, it is 4.0.0.
    https://github.com/daz3d/DazToRuntime/releases/tag/4.0.0
    Download the builds and you will find the Daz side and Unreal side for (4.25 and 4.26)

If you are looking for the unstable (untested) version you can find it by clicking the green button in the link shared and clicking download zip. 

This is a manual process and is recommended when you are looking for another version or having issues downloading directly from our site.

Hope it helps!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Thank you very much. So the bridge for 4.26 is in the 4.0.0 zip? I have the 4.25 one through DAZ Central and it's working fine, just wanted to see if I can get one to work with 4.26.

SnowSultan said:

Thank you very much. So the bridge for 4.26 is in the 4.0.0 zip? I have the 4.25 one through DAZ Central and it's working fine, just wanted to see if I can get one to work with 4.26.

Correct! If you run into any issues let me know. 

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

so it is not possible to give it though DIM ?

what does it mean go to github and install with Dim ?

very bad explained

after unzipping now i have a folder with 4.25 and 4.26 in it and a dll

what to do with it ? to daz or to unreal or what

damn people you explain nothing

• rmandesermandese Posts: 14
    edited February 2021

I moved my question in another topic :)

Post edited by rmandese on

Ruphuss said:

so it is not possible to give it though DIM ?

For the time being right now as DIM can only support one engine version.

If you installed the plugin through DIM you just need to update the Unreal Side. 

You will need to copy the DaztoUnreal folder to 

/[UE4 Root]/Engine/Plugins/

The default will be as followed:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Plugins

If you need to install the Daz Studio side the default is:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

If you need extra help please open up a ticket here :)
    https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=23788